Here's the list of blog hop participants:
Imagine Crafts Blog
Mary Prasad <-- You are here!
Martha Lucia Gomez
CAS-ual Fridays Blog
The Cas-ual Fridays In the Cards stamps and Shuffle dies help to make the perfect box for the card player in your life. There are a lot of sentiments in the stamp set, all centered around playing cards, yet fitting for many different occasions.
Making the Card
1. Die cut black cardstock using the main die from the box card set (there are other box card sets out there including this one from Sizzix). Fold and assemble. Die cut white cardstock with long die for back (this is where you will write your message). You may want to hold off on adhering the piece until you have written your message.
2. Die cut white cardstock 4 times using Shuffle playing card die. Stamp each card as shown using Lady Bug and Tuxedo Black inks. I chose the ace of hearts on which to put the sentiment after stamping the playing card elements. Adhere where shown; note: the ace of spades is adhered to the front inside panel at an angle.
3. Using the same playing card die (instead of the one included with the box card), die cut papers shown for box sides and front flap (My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad, see supplies). From black cardstock, die cut 3 spades and 3 clubs. From red cardstock die cut 2 diamonds and 2 hearts. I chose papers with more black on which to put the red card elements and more white for the black elements. Coat one heart and one diamond in Lady Bug irRESISTible Pico Embellisher. Coat one spade and one club in Tuxedo Black irRESISTible Pico Embellisher.
4. Once dry, adhere embellished heart at top right corner of ace of hearts with dimensional tape. Adhere embellished diamond to front ace of spades card as shown. Sandwich black wire between embellished spade and unembellished spade, leaving enough wire for it to stick up above box plus extra to adhere inside box. Use a square of black cardstock to sandwich other end of wire and adhere inside box so it sticks up as shown. Do the same with the embellished club.
5. Adhere one heart to front flap; glue a crystal to it as shown. Adhere spade, club, and diamond on sides as shown.
6. Die cut Stars Triplits (661118) using package numbering as listed below:
- star 1 red cardstock, 3 copies
- star 3 black cardstock - add Tuxedo Black irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, glue to center of star 1 red
- star 4 black cardstock, 2 copies
- star 2 red cardstock (decorative inside die), adhere to center of star 4 black. Keep inside little star to adhere to other star 4 black
8. Die cut letter "A" from Alphanumerics (660056) out of red cardstock and black cardstock (optional: to make it thicker, you may also die cut black craft foam and add it to the sandwich). Coat red "A" with Lady Bug irRESISTible Pico Embellisher; let dry. Add black micro rhinestones to front of "A". Sandwich wire between red and black "A"s (add foam die cut if desired). Add to back inside panel with piece of black cardstock to cover the wire at the other end inside box.
|Closed Box Card|
- Stamps: Cas-ual Fridays - In the Cards
- Dies: Cas-ual Fridays - Shuffle
- irRESISTible Pico Embellisher: Lady Bug, Tuxedo Black
- Memento Ink: Lady Bug, Tuxedo Black
- Stamps of Life: Exclusive Box Card Die Set
- Sizzix Triplits: Stars (661118)
- Sizzix: Alphanumerics (660056)
- Paper: My Mind's Eye - Everyday Basics B&W6x6
- Cardstock: Black, Red, White
- Wire (Black Preferred)
- Crystals: Red, Clear (Swarovski)
- Rhinestones: Black, Clear (micro, as used to decorate fingernails)
- Dimensional Tape
- Optional: Black Craft Foam
Here's your next stop on the blog hop: Nora Noll
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.