Art Impressions makes whimsical stamps that are so much fun to color. For this card I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens for the first time. The colors are nice and vibrant - perfect for this design.
Making the Card
1. Cut light blue cardstock 7x10 inches; fold in half to form a 5x7 inch card base. Cut chevron paper to 4 1/2 x 6 inches; adhere to front of card as shown. Cut pink flower paper to 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Use the largest square STAX die (about 4 inches) to cut center, creating a frame (keep inside piece for another project). Keep the scraps from these sheets! One chevron piece should be 1 1/4 x 4 1/2 inches; use the back side (white dots on black) for under the sentiment. The pink flower leftover piece will be used for the sentiment itself.
2. On a piece of watercolor paper a bit larger than 4 1/2 inches square, stamp Art Impressions Picture Perfect in black waterproof ink (e.g. VersaFine Onyx Black). Watercolor image (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush, although any watercolor will do). Die cut with largest STAX die.
3. Adhere pink flower frame to card as shown. Adhere watercolor image inside frame. Stamp sentiment in black ink on leftover piece of pink flower paper - trim to a strip then add tails to right side. Adhere white/black polka dot paper where shown. Adhere sentiment using dimensional tape in center.
4. Adhere clay heart as shown. Watch video below to see how to create this embellishment.
5. Die cut small and medium hearts from rose paper. Cover with Glossy Accents, let dry. Rip off a couple pieces of washi tape and adhere as shown. Adhere hearts.
- Cardstock: Light Blue
- Paper Pad: Doodlebug Design Inc. 6x6 Kraft in Color (4205)
- Stamp: Art Impressions Picture Perfect
- Stamped Sentiment: Art Impressions Beach Babes
- VersaFine: Onyx Black
- Watercolor Paper
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush
- Die-Namics STAX Dies MFT-850 Inside & Out Stitched Squares
- Washi Tape: Pink, Black with White Polka Dots
- Heart Dies: Paper Smooches Paw Print A2D255, Tiny Hearts DED184
- Glossy Accents
- Makin's Clay: Black
- Creative Medium: Iridescent-Pink
- Stencil: Dots
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.