Shimmer Sheetz make really beautiful flowers! Here I decided to try them with Susan Tierney-Cockburn's Chrysanthemum dies. In person you can see a lot of different colors in the iridescent finish as you turn the card. The layers of black cardstock that make up the Hello sentiment give a really nice 3D look to the greeting. The embossed velvet background adds even more dimensionality to the card.
Making the Card
2. Cut black cardstock 3 3/4 x 5 inches. Cut yellow velvet adhesive to 3 5/8 x 4 7/8 inches. Emboss using Bouquet Embossing Folder. Peel off backing and stick to black cardstock. Adhere to front of orange card base.
3. Using Garden Notes - Chrysanthemum, die cut large and medium petals from Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and small petals from Yellow Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Die cut leaves and stem from Green Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Hint: use a Metal Cutting Plate to help cut through the Shimmer Sheetz.
4. Shape petals using ball stylus - you need to apply a bit more pressure than with card stock to get them to curl. Rub back of each petal then flip and press in center to get them to cup. Shape leaves by pressing on back with ball stylus then turn over and draw vein lines with leaf tool (pointed end). I cut off the leaf from one of the stems and glued it elsewhere. I also accidentally double cut one of the leaves but it came out OK, just smaller, so I used it. I used Glue Dots to adhere petal layers together, as well as to adhere the flower to the card.
5. Using Hello die, die cut 4 or 5 copies from black cardstock and one from Orange Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Glue the black copies together, lining them up to form a thick stack. Glue the orange copy on top. Adhere to card as shown.
6. Adhere enamel dots where shown. Tie two pieces of twine into a bow. Adhere where shown.
- Soft Finish Cardstock: Bright Orange
- 1087 Garden Notes - Chrysanthemum
- E121 Bouquet Embossing Folder
- Shimmer Sheetz: Orange Iridescent, Yellow Iridescent, Green Iridescent
- Velvet Adhesive: Yellow
- Susan's Garden 4 Piece Metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- Metal Cutting Plate
- 787 Hello
- Cardstock: Black
- Enamel Dots
- Twine: Candy Corn, Orange
- Glue Dots
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.