This is a fun card that looks complicated but is fairly simple to make. I especially love the hanging charms, the silver glitter, and entwined frames.
Making the Card
1. With the main Ring Accordion die, cut two from snowflake paper (Wish List), one from candy cane paper (Magical), and two from red cardstock. Use the circle die to cut the center from both snowflake rings, one candy cane ring, and one red ring. Trim tabs, etc., off of one snowflake ring and one red ring so you just have 2 circle frames. Use the decorator edge die to cut 4 from red cardstock and 4 from white cardstock. Adhere the red edges to the back of the snowflake ring and the white to the front of the red ring.
2. Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to both sides of a thin piece of white cardstock. Die cut one snowflake charm and four snowflakes. Remove backing from one side of charm and sprinkle with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. Do same to other side. Repeat for all snowflakes.
3. Die cut candy cane charm base from white cardstock. Cut two copies of candy cane stripes from red cardstock. Adhere one copy to each side of candy cane base (one will be adhered backwards).
4. Die cut smallest entwined circles from white cardstock and largest from red cardstock. Adhere small white to center front of red ring (tab to right) as shown. Adhere large red to front of candy cane ring (tab to right).
5. Die cut scalloped lace circle (Ring Accordion) from white cardstock. Stamp "stay warm" sentiment with embossing ink, emboss with sticky powder, then sprinkle with Silver Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with finger. Adhere to center of red ring as shown.
6. Cut two lengths of silver thread. Thread through charm holes. Sandwich ends between rings and frames as shown such that they dangle in centers. Hint: put a little adhesive at top of ring, stick threads in it, hold up to see if it dangles correctly - if not, adjust; once satisfied, apply liquid glue and stick frame on top. Trim excess thread if necessary.
7. Embellish centers of snowflakes (both sides on charm) as well as entwined circles with transparent Glitter Dots. Adhere small snowflakes as shown (be sure to line up the ones on the front/back of first ring).
8. Slightly trim tabs that adhere to rings behind frames so they won't show. Adhere all tabs as in instructions with Ring Accordion.
- 904 Ring Accordion
- 1210 Holiday Charms
- 1254 Entwined Circles
- CS023 Winter Sentiments
- Silk Microfine Glitter: 603 Silver
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- 7018 Glitter Dots: Transparent/Silver
- Cardstock: White, Red
- Patterned Cardstock: American Crafts Wish List 368825, Studio Calico Magical 331570
- Embossing Ink
- Sticky Embossing Powder (e.g. Ranger)
- Silver Thread
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.