Making the Card
1. Cut watercolor paper to 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
2. Using Positive Strokes Two stamps, color with Zig Clean Colors going from yellow to blue - spray with water before stamping. Note: this will likely discolor the stamps. Use a watercolor brush to flick some blue over the design.
3. Die cut black cardstock with Super 2 dies.
4. Stamp hero from Super on watercolor paper using VersaFine Onyx Black (or other waterproof black ink).
5. Color figure with Zig Clean Colors (I used a brush and water as well). Fussy cut around character with detail scissors. Use a black marker to go around the outside edges from the back side (e.g. Memento Marker Tuxedo Black).
6. Temporarily put buildings on card and note where sentiment and small superhero will go. Stamp small superhero and sentiment in Versafine Onyux Black. Adhere buildings where shown.
7. Cut black cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. Fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Adhere scene to card (use strong adhesive - watercolor paper may have warped).
8. Optional: add Clear Wink of Stella to superhero's teeth.
9. Adhere superhero to card using dimensional tape.
- Paper Smooches Stamps: Positive Strokes Two, Super
- Paper Smooches Dies: Super 2
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush
- Arches Hot Press Watercolor Paper
- Black Cardstock
- Memento Marker: Tuxedo Black
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Optional: Clear Wink of Stella
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.