The new Winter Mittens from Joset Designs are so adorable. I decided to make mine out of felt, alhtough you could use cardstock instead. For the card, I wanted to do something different. The Hanging Charm Pull Tab was out of stock for a while at ECD so when it finally came back in, I jumped on it! The mitten fits perfectly inside the frame, yes!
Making the Card
1. Cut black cardstock 5x7 inches and 3 5/8 x 5 7/8 inches, cups/mugs patterned cardstock to 4 3/4 x 6 3/4 inches, and white Soft Finish cardstock to 3 1/2 x 5 3/4 inches. Adhere cups/mugs cardstock to 5x7 black cardstock; set aside.
2. Add clear double sided adhesive to back of red and white felt. Die cut 2 decorative Winter Mittens from red felt and 2 plain mittens from white felt. Note: you may need to use a metal adaptor plate and run through die cutter a few times to cut through. Adhere red pieces to white. Sandwich a piece of black/white twine about 3 inches long between mittens, coming out top.
3. Die cut snowflake patterned cardstock with Hanging Chram Pull Tab main base die. Die cut white Soft Finish cardstock with T piece (pull tab). Die cut one frame from black cardstock with clear double sided adhesive on front and another from snowflake patterned cardstock. Place black frame adhesive side up on table. Center mitten in frame, about 1/4 inch from top. Carefully remove liner from adhesive and stick twine down such that 1/4 of string will show in frame. Stick snowflake frame on top to sandwich twine, carefully lining up with bottom frame. Trim excess twine outside frame if necessary.
4. Die cut 2 snowflakes (Winter Sweater) from white Soft Finish cardstock. Adhere one to each side of frame where shown, back to back. Temporarily place base of pull tab (snowflake pattern) on white Soft Finish Cardstock piece you cut earlier (3 1/2 x 5 3/4 inches) where shown. Use a pencil to lightly mark bottom center. Remove pull tab base. Line up bottom of snowflake die centered on mark; die cut. You want this to show when the tab is pulled up. Erase mark. Adhere to black cardstock (3 5/8 x 5 7/8 inches). Adhere to cups/mugs as shown (towards top).
5. Watch the following video to assemble pull tab:
5. Die cut Tags & More 4 - Flourish tag, 1 1/2 inches long. Pull the tab in card so frame is up. Center tag on pull tab and lightly mark sides; cut off excess. Adhere to pull tab.
6. Die cut coffee cup charm from white Soft Finish cardstock. Cut off charm loop from top of coffee cup. Die cut "Let it Snow" from black cardstock; adhere as shown. Adhere piece of clear double sided tape to black cardstock: die cut coffee sleeve and tag reinforcer (Tags & More 4 - Flourish) into the adhesive side. Also cut off 1/4 inch strip to go across tag. Peel off backing and add black Silk Microfine Glitter to all three pieces.
7. Glue glittered coffee sleeve to coffee cup and use dimensional tape to adhere to card where shown. Glue tag reinforcer around tag hole. Glue glittered strip over seam on tag/pull; trim if necessary. Tie double strands of twine through tag hole.
- 1242 Winter Mittens
- 1240 Winter Sweater
- 1104 Hanging Charm Pull Tab
- 957 Tags & More 4 - Flourish
- 1234 Let it Snow
- Silk Microfine Glitter: 601 Basic Black
- Soft Finish Cardstock: White
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- 1071 Card Stand/Easel
- Patterned Cardstock: Hot Cocoa 12x12 Pad (American Crafts)
- Cardstock: Black
- Twine: Black/White
- Felt: Red, White
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.