Use the new Black Shimmer and White Shimmer Delicata Inks to create this grunge multimedia look. This would make a great background for masculine cards (maybe with gears instead of butterflies, heh). Check out all the layers of color and texture.
Making the Card
1. Cut blue cardstock 7x10 inches; fold in half for a card base.
2. Cut red cardstock 2 x 3 7/8 inches (for stamped sentiment). Cut blue cardstock 1 3/4 x 3 3/8 inches (for background for frame and the word "FLY").
3. Watch the following video to create grunge papers:
The piece on the left of the red label (where most of the butterflies are located) is the center of the frame used around the word "FLY." All pieces were edged with the Black Shimmer Delicata Ink.
Hint: arrange items before gluing; draw pencil guide lines before stamping (erase lines after ink has dried - you may want to heat set).
- Delicata Inks: Black Shimmer, White Shimmer
- StazOn Ink: Jet Black
- VersaFine Ink: Onyx Black
- Memento Luxe Inkers: Love Letter, Nautical Blue (or Stamp Pads)
- Ink Blushers
- Creative Medium: Clear
- StazOn All-Purpose Cleaner
- Tear It! Tape
- Spellbinders Embossing Folder: Gridiron (SEL-002)
- Spellbinders Dies: Robo Bar (S3-232), Take Flight (S4-620)
- Acrylic Gesso: White (e.g. Liquitex, Prima Art Basics)
- Watercolor Paper: Arches Rough; optional, use Hot Press (smooth) for letters
- Cardstock: Blue, Red, White
- Butterfly Punches (e.g. Martha Stewart Monarch, Martha Stewart 3 in 1, EK Success)
- Large Background Stamp (e.g. Clocks)
- Alphabet Stamp Sets (e.g. Studio G, Hampton Art)
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.