This is a simple way to make a watercolored scene for your cards. As you will see in the video tutorial, I do a little painting to enhance the scene but you could easily skip it. (I didn't have a stamp for the small blue wild flowers so I added them by hand.)
Making the Card
1. Cut light pink cardstock 7x10 inches; fold in half for a card base.
2. Cut watercolor paper 4 1/2 x 6 inches. Tape to Craft Mat with painter's tape. Watch the video tutorial below.
Watercolor painting - cut to 4 x 5 5/8 inches
Dark pink cardstock - 4 1/8 x 5 3/4 inches, 4 5/8 x 6 1/8 inches
Patterned paper - 4 1/2 x 6 inches
3. Die cut leaves from green cardstock, shade and shape as desired. Adhere flowers, leaves, and enamel dots as shown.
Imagine Crafts Supplies
- Memento Markers: New Sprout, Olive Grove, Danube Blue, Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavender, Lilac Posies, Rose Bud, Angel Pink
- Ink Potion No. 9
- Sheer Shimmer Spritz: Sparkle
- Craft Mat
- VersaFine Ink: Onyx Black
- Rubber Stamps: Flower (solid - open design not recommended)
- Painter's Tape
- Watercolor Paper (e.g. Arches Hot Press)
- Watercolor Brushes
- Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design Inc. Kraft in Color - Color 6x6 Pad
- Cardstock: Light Pink, Dark Pink, Green
- Petaloo DIY Paintables (Bulk Packs)
- Stamps: Close to My Heart Artistry
- Enamel Dots
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of page.