This card features some of the beautiful Susan Tierney Cockburn's lilies. The subtle flower embossed velvet background makes a soft backdrop to the 3D flowers.
Making the Card
1. Cut pink cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2; fold in half to form a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base.
2. Cut pink velvet about 3 3/4 x 5 1/4. Emboss with Bouquet embossing folder. Cut embossed velvet frame 1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses. Also cut black cardstock frame.
3. Glue black frame (only) to center of card front. Peel off backing and adhere each velvet embossed square in the same locations as they were cut, but in the black frame.
4. 995 Garden Notes - Lily: cut two stems from green cardstock, one set of leaves from green cardstock, and two sets of all the petals from red cardstock. Color and shape as in the video below.
5. Adhere flowers to front of card as shown. I cut off the leaves and across the center of one stem to re-arrange them where I wanted. Adhere bow as shown.
6. Cut four copies of Hello in pink cardstock. Cut one copy in red. Line up and adhere pink copies together to make a thick Hello. Optional: shade red copy. Adhere red copy to top of stack. Adhere Hello to front of card as shown.
- 409 Pink Velvet Sheet
- E121 Bouquet
- 1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses
- 995 Garden Notes - Lily
- 787 Hello
- 808 Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tools in Luxury Case
- 809 Mini Moulding Pad
- Cardstock: Pink, Black, Red, Green
- Brown Embossing Powder (Pollen)
- Distress Ink and/or Pastels for Coloring
- Cream Ribbon