Created for the ECD Susan Tierney Cockburn Design Team
This card was made with the CountryScapes dies by Susan Tierney Cockburn to create a cute little scene. The flowers add bright colors and the animals are just fun.
Making the Card
1. Cut blue cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (half of 8 1/2 x 11 sheet). Fold in half to create a card base.
2. Cut dark teal cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Cut white cardstock 3 3/4 x 5 inches. Emboss white piece with Clouds embossing folder. Using ink blending took, add Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to raised clouds. Adhere to dark teal. Adhere these to card front.
3. Cut green cardstock 4 1/4 x about 3 inches. Die cut with grass from Outdoor Edges so that the piece will be about 4 1/4 x 2 1/2 to top of grass. Using blending tool, ink with Peeled Paint Distress Ink starting at grass, going partway down. With large stylus (8mm) from Tools, rub gently along front of grass blades so they will pop forward slightly on the card. Adhere to bottom of card as shown.
4. Die cut Fence and Wheel from kraft cardstock. Die cut five more copies of wheel from dark brown cardstock. Add Distress Ink shading around bottoms and various edges of the kraft copies. I used Walnut Stain for the fence and Brushed Corduroy for the wheel. Add details with various brown colored pencils. I used lighter browns on the wheel. Rub the large stylus down each "plank" on back of fence to give it some shape. Add dimensional tape behind top of the two posts; adhere with glue at the bottom of the fence as shown (you want the top to pop forward but not the bottom). Line up and glue the dark brown wheels together to form a thick stack; glue the decorated kraft copy on top.
5. Die cut the long piece of Flora from light green cardstock. Ink with Peeled Paint starting at the bottom working toward the middle and Crushed Olive starting at the top. Run the small stylus along the backs of the stems and grass to give them shape. Die cut two large groups of small flowers from light purple cardstock. Ink edges lightly with Faded Jeans. On molding pad, gently rub small stylus in center of each flower then press to make small cups. Glue flowers to flower stems as shown. Hint: glue one to each stem then let it set up before gluing a second, etc.
6. Add glue just along bottom of Flora (i.e. grass and purple flowers). Don't worry about trimming yet: adhere so they cover the bottom of the fence posts, keeping the flowers are all on the card. Add a little glue behind a few of the flowers touching the fence. From back side of card, trim any hanging off.
7. Die cut cardinal (bluebird shown on packaging) and squirrel from the Country Critters set; color with pencils. I enhanced them, especially along the edges, with alcohol ink. Shape them slightly by rubbing with stylus on back of each. Optional: for the eyes, add black Enamel Accents with a tooth pick.
8. Die cut two sets of daisies (yellow cardstock) from Backyard set plus stems (light green cardstock). Lightly ink one set of petals with Spiced Marmalade and another set with Wild Honey. Color centers with brown pencil (see photo). Shape by rubbing along petals (front side). Glue the lighter layer on top of the darker, lining up the brown "centers" but offsetting the petals slightly (hint: you don't have to match the same ones together). Optional: add glue to centers and dip into dark brown embossing powder. Ink/color both sets of grass (you only need to color the leaves on one). Rub all leaves in centers to give them dimension. Cut the leaves off one and adhere to other where desired. Glue stems/leaves to bottom of wheel as shown.
9. Adhere the wheel to front of card as shown. Add daisies. Use dimensional tape to adhere squirrel and cardinal. Optional: shade with Peeled Paint under squirrel and wheel.
10. Cut four sets of Thank You words from dark teal cardstock and one set from blue. Glue dark teal copies together, lining up each layer, to form a thick stack. Glue blue copy to top. Adhere to card as shown.
- 914 Outdoor Edges
- KB105 - Clouds
- 991 CountryScapes - Country Flora 1
- 990 CountryScapes - Country Fence 1
- 989 CountryScapes - Country Critters 1
- 988 CountryScapes - Backyard 1
- 788 Thank You
- 808 Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tools in Luxury Case
- 809 Mini Moulding Pad
- Cardstock: White, Blue, Dark Teal, Green, Light Green, Kraft, Dark Brown, Light Purple, Yellow
- Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans
- Ink Blending Tool/Foam
- Dark Brown Embossing Powder (Optional)
- Colored Pencils
- Enamel Accents (Optional)
- Alcohol Markers (Optional)
- Dimensional Tape