Created for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT.
I’ve been itching to try the Spiral Circle Pull Card from Karen Burniston and thought this would be the perfect card for it. I wanted the snow to come alive when the card was opened so I used clear recycled packaging for the spiral as the base for my snowflakes.
Making the Card
1. As per the instructions on the Spiral Circle Pull Card, cut a piece of blue cardstock 5 1/2 x 7 1/4 inches. Fold in half; die cut along fold placing die closer to the top (see image). Fold as instructed.
2. Adhere a sheet of Double Sided Adhesive to white cardstock.
3. Cut around the bottom scene from Christmas Ornaments Sceneries Peel-Off sticker sheet. Cut white cardstock (step 2) about the same size. Peel off backing; stick Christmas scene to it. Cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter Polish with finger; brush off excess. Cut around, trimming off ornament top so you will be left with only a circle. Stick to card front circle as shown using dimensional adhesive.
4. Cut a couple tree lines from white cardstock (step 2) using Outdoor Edges Also cut a strip 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide and about 5 inches long. Peel off backing on all. Cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger; brush off excess. Adhere tree line to bottom of card as shown. Note: you may have to cut off a tree and/or trim snow to get two strips to line up in the right places.
5. Stamp sentiment on glittered strip (step 4) with black solvent ink. Trim down if necessary. Cut banner ends as shown. Adhere white ribbon around card edge as shown. Stick banner over ribbon using dimensional adhesive as shown.
6. Adhere a sheet of double sided adhesive to vellum. Cut 9 snowflakes (from All Seasons Tree set). Peel off backing on each. Cover with Cool Diamonds Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. Add a Glitter Dot to the center of each.
7. I die cut one of the snowflakes from an extra background sheet when making my Soft Gel Snowflakes Christmas card. If you don’t have an extra, just cut a Snowflake from blue cardstock, add gel or glossy accents, then sprinkle lightly with a very small amount of glitter. Let dry completely. Add Glitter Dots and glittered velum snowflake as shown. Adhere to top left corner of card with dimensional adhesive.
8. Cut spiral from clear plastic packaging using Metal Adaptor Plate (if the plastic is too thick, it may not cut through – it should be about the thickness of a transparency). Adhere ends with strong adhesive to inside of card as shown. Cover ends with snowflakes. Add other snowflakes to spiral as desired (see image).
9. Add Glitter Dots all over card as shown (including very small ones randomly over snow dots on the Christmas scene Peel-Off). Note: I made sure none from the inside would show when the card was closed so it would be more of a surprise.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card
- 8502 Christmas Ornaments Sceneries Peel-Off
- Double Sided Adhesive
- 641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- 914 Outdoor Edges
- 7018 Glitter Dots: Transparent/Silver
- 781 All Seasons Tree (Snowflakes)
- 757 Snowflakes Dies
- 803 Cuttlebug and Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate
- Cardstock: Blue, White
- Clear Recycled Packaging (Thin)
- Solvent Based Ink, Black (e.g. StazOn)
- Technique Tuesday Clear Stamps Be Jolly (Sentiment)
- White Ribbon, Thin
- Dimensional Adhesive