Created for the Elizabeth Craft Designs DT
My husband and I recently returned from a 6 week vacation in New Zealand and Australia. A while back, we were invited to stay with a friend in Brisbane, Australia; we finally took him up on it! Since it is so far to travel, we decided to stay a while (and also see NZ!). This is the thank you card I made for him. This month's challenge is Glitter and Shimmer - the card was created using Silk Microfine Glitter and Shimmer Sheetz.
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of red cardstock to 7.25" x 5.5", fold in half and die cut with 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card as directed on the back of the package (you will not use the spiral). Cut a piece of red cardstock with the small label die from 915 Lorna Label PopUp.
2. Die cut black Shimmer Sheetz using 917 Clock and Gears: circle, clock hands, large gear. Cut 3 or 4 copies (depending on your cardstock and how thick you would like the stacks) of clock hands and large gear from black cardstock. Glue the cardstock pieces together in stacks to make thick versions; add the Shimmer Sheetz die cuts to the top.
3. Die cut 4 or 5 copies of the small gear from light blue cardstock; glue together. Die cut 3 or 4 copies of Thank You words from light blue cardstock; glue together.
4. Adhere one side of Double Sided Adhesive to white paper. Die cut the clock face and Thank You. Peel off the other side and coat with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; polish with your finger by carefully rubbing the glitter. Color glittered Thank You in light blue (I used Copic B01); glue to top of light blue cardstock stacks. Color the clock face in red (I used Copic R29).
5. Glue the black Shimmer Sheetz circle to the front of the card as shown. Adhere the red clock face to the circle as shown. Punch a hole in the center of the circle. Use a brad to secure the clock hands as shown.
6. Cut pattern paper shown to fit on the front and inside of the card: cut rectangles first leaving a small amount around the edges. Adhere the inside piece and cut slots from the back using a craft knife. To create the circle cut out in the front piece, temporarily adhere it in place and trace the partial circle from the back. Fussy cut following the line, leaving the same amount you left for the edges.
7. Tie two pieces of twine around the bottom edge of the front paper in a double bow as shown. Adhere to front of card. Adhere a piece of the Film Strip Ribbon under the bow as shown. Fussy cut a camera icon, coat with Glossy Accents. Once dry, adhere to center of bow as shown.
8. Print sentiment on cardstock; die cut with circle die from Clock and Gears. Be sure to leave room for gear. Adhere as shown (this will cover the back of the brad).
9. Adhere the Thank You to the small red label (step 1) and use dimensional tape to adhere to card as shown. Adhere the black gear and blue gear where shown.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card
- 915 Lorna Label PopUp
- Shimmer Sheetz, Black
- 917 Clock and Gears
- 788 Thank You
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Silk Microfine Glitter, Cool Diamond
- Cardstock: red, light blue, black, white
- Paper: white
- Alcohol Markers (e.g. Copic)
- Glittered Brad, Recollections (Michaels)
- Perfect Vacation 6x6 Paper Pad by American Crafts
- Film Strip Ribbon, Idea-ology
- Glossy Accents
- Dimensional Tape