This slightly interactive card has drawers that open to see the information inside (Date, Time, Place). I made it in pink but of course it can be made in other colors such as blue or yellow. I used a wood plank stamp with VersaMark ink to give the drawers a subtle wood like pattern.
Making the Card
1. Cut light gray cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Cut pink newsprint patterned paper 2 1/2 x 3 1/8 inches. Ink edges with Smokey Gray VersaFine. Sand and rough up edges. Add more ink if desired. Cut dark gray cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Adhere inked newsprint to dark gray as shown. Wrap a piece of trim around the front, gluing down then attaching on each side in back. Adhere to card base.
3. Die cut Onsie from pink/white polka dot paper. Stamp "You're invited to a" and "party" on the front as shown in Smokey Gray VersaFine ink. Adhere to card as shown using dimensional tape.
4. Stamp wood grain on light gray cardstock using VersaMark ink (you could also use a slightly darker gray ink). Die cut Little Dresser. Also die cut Little Dresser from silver metallic cardstock - keep knobs only.
5. With Smokey Gray VersaFine ink stamp "Date", "Time", and "Place" on front of the three longer drawers (if you don't want the colons ":" you will have to mask them or remove the ink with your finger before stamping).
6. Cut three strips of thick white paper or thin cardstock to just under 3/8 inches by 2 5/8 inches; fold in half. Write the date, time, and place on the right side insides if you are creating invitations and know the information. Carefully glue drawers to the fronts making sure none of the white shows.
7. Cut white cardstock 1 5/8 x 2 1/8 inches; glue behind dresser frame, lining up near top. Adhere drawers. Adhere knobs - I added the gray knobs first then the silver ones so they would sit up a little higher. Use dimensional tape to adhere dresser as shown.
8. Adhere buttons where shown.
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Little Dresser (FRA-DIE-10136), Onsie (FRA-DIE-10137)
- Frantic Stamper Stamps: Baby Party (FRA-CL-066)
- Cardstock: White, Light Gray, Dark Gray, Silver Metallic (e.g. Kraft-Core Metallic Collection)
- Patterned Paper: Pink/White Polka Dot (or other light colors), Lost & Found Madison Avenue 6x6 Pad (Newsprint)
- Wood Grain Stamp (I used My Favorite Things Wood Plank)
- VersaMark Ink
- Smokey Gray VersaFine Ink
- Pink Trim (I used Michaels brand Trims: Spring Blossoms)
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.