The adorable doggie footprint border, stitching, and stitched tag dies are new from Frantic Stamper, as part of their March release. The Whipper Snapper Kaboodle dog is perfect for the tag (a little bit has been cropped but enough shows to be super cute). The background is also by Whipper Snapper; background Dog's Life was stamped in VersaMark ink to provide a subtle pattern. This ink is great for watermarking - it looks like you stamped in a darker toned ink that perfectly matches the paper.
I used Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils to color the image. These pencils are easily blended with a light hand.
Making the Card
1. Cut Desert Storm cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Cut Kraft cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Die cut scallop border very close to the left side (Large Scalloped Edger Set); die cut paw prints (keep a couple of the footprints for an optional inside decoration). Die cut stitching down the right side (In Stitches #3). Stamp Dog's Life background using VersaMark ink in center (I recommend using a stamp positioner). Die cut a strip of black cardstock, about 1 x 5 1/4 inches, with scallop border. Adhere behind footprints; trim if necessary. Adhere to card front.
3. Stamp Kaboodle in black ink on Desert Storm cardstock (about 3 x 4 1/2 inches). Color with colored pencils. Die cut with largest Nested Tags #2. Tie jute through tag hole. Adhere to card as shown using dimensional tape.
4. Cut a 3/4 x 3 1/8 inch strip of Desert Storm Cardstock. Stamp "let's PLaY" and two paw prints as shown. Cut tails in one side. Adhere to card as shown using dimensional tape.
5. Optional: glue a couple footprints inside the card (I put two on the bottom right - adhered after some of the photos were taken).
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Large Scalloped Edger Set (FRA-DIE-10129), Nested Tags #2 (FRA-DIE-10101), In Stitches #3 (FRA-DIE-10187)
- Whipper Snapper Stamps: Dog's Life B/G (AT622), Kaboodle (MY927)
- Paper Smooches Stamps: Chubby Chums
- Cardstock: Desert Storm (Neenah), Kraft (Recollections), Black
- VersaMark Ink
- Black Ink (e.g. Memento Tuxedo Black)
- Colored Pencils (e.g. Faber-Castell Polychromos)
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.