This little boat is so adorable, I just had to make it with dimensional sails on a fun ocean scene. I used Transparent Glitter Stickers to give the water and portholes some sparkle. Since they are transparent, they take on whatever color is behind them.
Making the Card
1. Die cut White cardstock 6 3/4 x 9 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/2 x 6 1/8 inch (A6) card base. Cut Soft Sky cardstock to 4 1/4 x 5 7/8 inches. This will be the sky.
2. Use the round bead strings from Bead Strings 1 and Bead Strings 2 to die cut water from Dusky Sky as follows: cut a piece 3 x 6 1/2 inches, use small even bead die to cut near the long edge, so about 1 1/4 inches will be below the "waves" and just a slight bit of the die will be off one side. Note: there is not much wiggle room - the bead strings will just fit across the bottom of the sky piece already cut. The bottom piece will be the ocean. You will glue the strand to the top of the waves - you may want to trim off the edge slightly to make it even so it won't show from underneath. Die cut larger beaded strand from a piece of Dusky Sky (NOT the one you just glued!). Adhere it below the first strand as shown. Adhere to bottom of sky piece, lining up the corner and bottom. Trim off excess from behind.
3. Adhere Transparent Glitter Stickers (Silver) to bead strings where desired - matching largest with the largest bead, smallest with the smallest bead, etc.
4. Die cut Boat pieces and clouds (Rainbow Sky) from White cardstock; sun (Rainbow Sky) from Buttercream cardstock.
5. Ink edges of sun, one flag, and center of main boat with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink. Apply ink to boat, going from edges to center, with Brushed Corduroy, overlapping the Fossilized Amber. Ink boat edges and port circles with Walnut Stain. Ink a rectangular piece that fits behind the windows with Ground Espresso. Adhere behind windows. Add large Transparent Glitter Stickers (Gold) in windows. Ink other flag with Weathered Wood. Apply a small amount of Weathered Wood to underside of clouds and sails as shown. Add Clear Wink of Stella to sun (optional).
6. Rub ball stylus behind sails and sun to give them dimension. Arrange scene on background and note where you would like sentiment. Adhere large cloud, main boat, and flags where shown, laying other pieces aside for now.
7. Adhere scene to center of card base front. Adhere other pieces as shown, using dimensional silicone behind sun and sails and dimensional tape behind small cloud.
8 Stamp sentiment (Ahoy Sentiments) on White cardstock. Die cut with stitched rectangle (Gift Card Accordion set). Adhere on card with dimensional tape.
- 1182 Boat
- 1151 Rainbow Sky
- 1168 Bead Strings 1
- 1169 Bead Strings 2
- 1095 Gift Card Accordion
- Soft Finish Cardstock: White, Soft Sky, Dusky Sky (Ocean), Buttercream (Sun)
- Transparent Glitter Stickers: Silver, Gold
- CS014 Ahoy Sentiments
- Distress Ink: Fossilized Amber (Sun, Flag, Boat), Brushed Corduroy (Boat), Walnut Stain (Boat), Ground Espresso (Boat Inside Windows), Weathered Wood (Flag, Clouds, Sails)
- Ink Blending Tool
- Foam Applicators
- Black Ink (e.g. StazOn Jet Black)
- Wink of Stella Clear (Optional)
- Decorator's Solution Dimensional Silicone Clear
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.