This fun card was made for my friend Michelle. The inside features an Action Wobble spring to animate her bum, making it bobble about when the card is opened. Love it!
Making the Card
Note: The red cardstock I used matched Festive Berries Distress Ink. You may have to use a different Distress Ink (or other coloring) for dying seam binding ribbon to match the cardstock.
1. Cut dark blue cardstock 7 x 10 inches; fold in half to form a card base.
2. Stamp front and back images several times on alcohol marker friendly paper. Plan out how you would like the pieces to pop up (I make a note in pencil above each). The top layers will be in color; the under layers will be dark gray. Color the images then fussy cut around all but the base layers. Run a black marker around the edges of all cut pieces to cover the white edges. Die cut the base layers using a nesting bracket die (e.g. Nestabilities). Note if you want the image to stick outside of the die cut, you will have to fussy cut around those parts and stick the die under those parts before cutting so the die won't chop them off. Use dimensional tape to pop up the parts as desired. Use Action Wobble to attach the "bum."
3. Die cut red and dark blue in progressively larger sizes of brackets for both the front and the inside. Adhere together as shown.
4. Cut a length of seam binding ribbon. Spray with water as needed. Dye with Festive Berries Distress Ink (or stain) to match red cardstock. Dry ribbon (to speed up dry time, use heat tool).
5. Cut a piece of medium blue cardstock 4 3/4 x 6 3/4. Cut a piece of grid tape (I used FibaTape Self-Adhesive Drywall Joint Tape) and adhere where shown. Cut a rectangle of medium blue cardstock for inside - 4 3/4 inches wide and tall enough to leave some space above and below the brackets framing the "bum."
6. Stamp humorous quote in black ink on white cardstock. Cut with label die (e.g. Spellbinders Card Creator: 5x7 Elegant Labels 4 S6-005). Optional: ink with Festive Berries using ink blending tool around sentiment. If the label doesn't have ribbon slots, cut them with a craft knife. Thread ribbon through label and adhere around top of card over grid tape.
7. Cut red cardstock, dark blue cardstock, and patterned paper for bottom front of card as shown. I eyeballed it, i.e. I marked in pencil then cut with paper cutter. I made the red cardstock a little larger than the patterned and blue so the banners would pop.
8. Cut banners, one in each blue shade. I used the banner die from the Lorna Label PopUp set since I had it within reach but you could easily cut the banners by hand with scissors. Die cut hearts from red cardstock. I cut 4 small hearts (3 for front banners, 1 for inside), 1 medium (inside top), and 1 large (front, top). Optional, add Glossy Accents to hearts to make them shiny and give dimension.
9. Die cut Happy Birthday (Paper Smooches) from red cardstock. Die cut feathers: 2 from light blue cardstock and one from dark blue. Optional, using a small paint brush, add some darker blue to the veins with water color or Distress Ink.
10. Adhere everything as shown, noting that one side of each banner is tucked under the main front design frames.
- Cardstock: Blue, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Red
- Patterned Paper
- Art Impressions Shake Your Booty Bloomer Set
- Alcohol Markers
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock
- Dimensional Tape
- Action Wobble
- Spellbinders Card Creator: 5x7 Elegant Labels 4 S6-005
- Spellbinders: Labels One S4-161, Labels One Small S4-308
- FibaTape Self-Adhesive Drywall Joint Tape
- Seam Binding (Ribbon)
- Distress Ink: Festive Berries
- Optional: Ink Blending Tool, Foam
- 915 Lorna Label PopUp (Banner)
- Heart Dies or Punches
- Paper Smooches: Birthday Words FBD120
- Feather Dies, e.g. Spellbinders