Make this cute shaker card featuring baby items in the bottom of the wardrobe and 3D drawers with "brass" knobs. I adhered a few of the items to the back so at least some would stay in place while the others floated around when shook.
Making the Card
1. Cut light brown cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Cut pink polka dot patterned paper to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches. Adhere to card base.
2. Stamp light brown and dark brown cardstock with Wood Plank stamp using VersaMark ink. Cut dark brown cardstsock to just a hair under 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches - this will line the back of the Baby Wardrobe.
3. With Baby Wardrobe die, cut one from fun foam* and one from stamped light brown cardstock (step 2). Optional: color fun foam with Copic E84 on all inside edges, continuing over top edge. This will hide the white. Alternatively you may use brown fun foam. Die cut drawers from both the stamped light brown cardstock (fronts) and fun foam (I used the pieces that came out of the shelves). Color edges with Copic. Adhere drawer fronts to fun foam. *I bought thick fun foam with adhesive on back. If your fun foam is thin and/or doesn't have adhesive, you may want to add adhesive as necessary and layer two before die cutting.
4. Cut recycled clear plastic packaging 2 x 3 3/8 inches. Adhere to back of light brown stamped piece in bottom rectangle - be sure it adheres to all sides. Line up and adhere to fun foam (the window should be sandwiched between the front panel and the fun foam).
5. From cardstock, die cut a couple dresses (pink) and boy outfits (blue) plus several ducks (bright yellow), elephants (gray), giraffe (light yellow), and baseballs (white). From Shimmer Sheetz, die cut several hearts (red), stars (yellow), and hangers (silver). Optional: adhere a few of these to the stamped dark brown sheet in the area that will be behind the window (take care to insure they are completely inside). Add all pieces to the shaker area; one side usually looks better than the other - I made sure to face the best side towards the window. Optional: add a few sequins and beads. Adhere the dark brown sheet facing forward so that the wood grain will show in front.
6. Die cut six dresser knobs from Kraft-Core Metallic gold cardstock. Shape them by rubbing on the back of each with a small ball stylus. Glue to front of each drawer as shown. Adhere drawers in wardrobe as shown.
7. Die cut 2 or 3 copies of doll and sailboat from white cardstock. Color one copy with colored pencils or markers. Glue each in a stack with the colored copy on top. Fold legs forward on doll. Adhere doll and boat to top shelf as shown.
8. Die cut "bundle of joy" from blue cardstock. Optional: add Wink of Stella. Add Glossy Accents. Once dry, adhere to top of wardrobe as shown. Adhere wardrobe to card front.
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Baby Wardrobe (FRA-DIE-10132), Onesie (FRA-DIE-10137), Adorable Bundle Set (FRA-DIE-10138)
- Cardstock: Light Brown (Neenah Desert Sand), Brown (Recollections Kraft), Light Yellow, Bright Yellow, Pink, Light Blue, Gray, White, Kraft-Core Metallic (Gold)
- Metallic Shimmer Sheetz: Red, Yellow, Silver
- Patterned Paper: Tiny Tatty Tedy Me to You 8x8 (Pink Polka Dot)
- White or Brown Fun Foam (Thick)
- My Favorite Things Wood Plank Stamp
- VersaMark Ink
- Recycled Clear Plastic Packaging
- Small Ball Stylus
- Colored Pencils or Markers
- Glossy Accents
- Optional: Copic E84, Wink of Stella, Beads, Sequins
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.