This argyle background die by Frantic Stamper can be used to create more than just traditional argyle patterns. For this card, I wanted a rainbow look but with a twist. After blending the rainbow colors and die cutting, I reversed the pattern for something a bit more interesting (I hope). The cheery colors make a good backdrop for this congrats card. And check out how cool the crystal sequins look.
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Cut black cardstock 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches.
2. Cut a piece of white cardstock about 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. Using Distress Inks (or Mini Distress Inks) and an Ink Blending Tool, blend from Mustard Seed to Chipped Sapphire (the full ordered list is in the Supplies). Add clear double sided adhesive to the back.
3. Die cut with Argyle Card Panel. Be careful to leave all pieces in the die if possible. Over a craft mat - above or to the side of your work area - flip die onto the craft mat and use a die pick or tweezers to poke out all pieces taking care not to lose any (the small ones are particularly annoying).
4. Remove backing paper from the frame and place in center of black cardstock piece (cut in step 1). Orient such that the colors go opposite to the triangle and diamond pieces off to the side of your work area. Working from bottom to top, piece in triangles and diamonds.
5. Die cut 4 or 5 copies of "Congrats" from white cardstock plus one from black cardstock. Line up and glue these in a stack with the black on top to form a thick word. Use a VersaMarker to coat (or tap in VersaMark ink); emboss with Holographic embossing powder. Top with Glossy Accents. Once dry, adhere to card where shown.
6. Adhere sequins where shown.
- Cardstock: White, Black
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Argyle Card Panel (FRA-DIE-10104), Colorblock #2 Panel (FRA-DIE-10103)
- Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Saphire (I used Mini Distress Inks)
- Ink Blending Tool
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- VersaMarker (or VersaMark Ink)
- Holographic Embossing Powder (Ranger EPJ00709)
- Glossy Accents
- Crystal Sequins (Different Sizes)