This card can be given as a simple greeting card or as a cute Easter card. Chester the bunny is adorably curious as to what's going on with the ladybug (or maybe he's just smelling the daisy).
I used my new Peerless watercolors to paint the image. This was the first time using Peerless. The colors came out nice and vibrant but they have a lot of staining power, even on professional watercolor paper (I used Arches Hot Press) so don't make a mistake! More than likely, it won't lift out.
Making the Card
1. Cut light turquoise cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Cut dark turquoise cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Adhere to card base. Cut plaid patterned cardstock to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches. Adhere to card base.
2. Stamp Chester on watercolor paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink (or other waterproof ink). Be sure it is completely dry before applying watercolor (you may want to heat set it). Watercolor image - for this one I used Peerless Watercolors.
3. Die cut image with stitched circle (bit less than 3 3/8 inches). Die cut dark turquoise cardstock with next sized up stitched circle. Adhere dark turquoise circle where shown. Adhere image using dimensional tape in center of dark turquoise circle.
4. Die cut 4 or 5 copies of "hello" from dark turquoise cardstock and one from light turquoise cardstock. Glue together in a stack, with the light copy on top, to form a thick word. Adhere to card as shown.
- Cardstock: Light and Dark Turquoise
- Patterned Cardstock: Doodlebug Design Spring Garden (5136)
- Watercolor Paper
- Watercolors (e.g. Peerless)
- Whipper Snapper Designs, Inc Stamp: Chester (MY824)
- Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
- Die-namics Dies: Inside/Out Stitched Circle (MFT-849)
- Lawn Fawn Die: Scripty Hello
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.