This fun birthday card is so festive with its bright colors, explosion of sequins "confetti," and the wild look of twine flowing off the end of the tag. I love the little details, like the stitching on the tag, the balloons in the background, and the swirly designs. These are not colors I would normally use together but I let the Doodlebug Designs paper dictate the color palette; the 6x6 pad comes with all the papers necessary to create this card (except for the white cardstock base).
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. From the Doodlebug Designs Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 pad, find the teal/orange paper (use the teal side); cut it to 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Adhere to card base. Find the sheet with balloons and clouds; cut it to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 inches. Adhere to card base. Find the orange dotted sheet; cut it to 1 1/2 x 4 inches. Adhere where shown.
3. Find the sheet with yellow stars; die cut with large tag from Frantic Stamper Nested Tags #2. Stamp "smile" and "it's your birthday" (Lawn Fawn Year Three) where shown using Memento Luxe Danube Blue ink - note the spacing for swirly designs.
4. Cut yellow/white and teal/white twine about 5 inches each. Tie through tag hole. Adhere tag as shown. Optional: put a dot of glue on the white border where you would like each strand of twine to sit and adhere such that they are slightly relaxed looking (i.e. don't make them taught). Trim if necessary.
5. Die cut shown Swirly Things (Frantic Stamper) from orange and teal. Adhere to card. Die cut gift (Nested Tags #2) from orange and teal, being careful to keep all orange dots. Cut ribbon/bow from orange gift and adhere to teal gift; adhere to card as shown. Glue in orange dots.
6. Adhere sequins where shown.
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Nested Tags #2 (FRA-DIE-10101), Swirly Things (FRA-DIE-10100)
- Cardstock: White
- Paper Pad: Doodlebug Design Hip Hip Hooray 6x6
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn Year Three
- Ink: Memento Luxe Danube Blue
- Twine: Yellow/White, Teal/White
- Sequins: Doodlebug Designs - Bumblebee, Blue Jeans, Swimming Pool, Tangerine
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.