I love the look of white on white - it looks especially elegant with lacy designs. This technique mimics the look of embossing using dies. I added "Lovely" as a shiny focal point using silver cardstock popped up with fun foam. The lacy edging could easily have backing by extending the base of the card in back but I liked the lighter look without it. This would make a nice card for a bridal shower or just to give a woman in your life as a reminder of how special she is.
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock to 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches. Fold in half for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Using the Lace Geometric Flower Doily die, cut 3 or 4 copies from white cardstock (if you are careful you can use the parts you clip off rather than cutting as many copies). Use a clear mat glue to adhere to front of card where shown. Note: alternatively you may add adhesive (Xyron) or clear double-sided tape to the back before die cutting. Open the card and clip off any pieces hanging off edges using scissors; close the card and from the back clip any hanging off the top being careful not to cut the crease.
3. Adhere silver cardstock to fun foam. Die cut Lovely. Adhere where shown.
4. Die cut Lovely Arched Loop Edger (both pieces) from white cardstock, leaving a little extra on the bottom. Adhere to inside front of card (be sure the good side is facing outwards so you see it from the front). Watch that you don't get glue on the parts that will show. Also you may want to measure so the card doesn't go past 5 1/2 inches when this is added. Clip off any extra overhanging the sides of the card.
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Lace Geometric Flower Doily (FRA-DIE- ), Lovely Arched Loop Edger (FRA-DIE-10097), Lovely & Gorgeous (FRA-DIE-10124)
- White Cardstock
- Silver Cardstock (Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection, Core'dinations GX-1960-02)
- White Fun Foam
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.