The new Large Scalloped Edger Set from Frantic Stamper (just released) has this cool line of hearts that conveniently fits inside the coordinating scalloped edge die. But it may also be used on its own; here I used it to create inlayed hearts.
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Find the middle and carefully line up the hearts die in the center (watch that it does not cut the sides of the card - if too difficult, you may want to make a larger card. Alternatively you could make a separate piece then, once done with these steps, glue it to a card base. Once the middle row has been cut, cut a row above and below it. You may discard the inside pieces.
2. Cut a sheet of thin white cardstock (or this paper) just smaller than the card front (maybe 1/16 inch smaller in each dimension). Adhere clear double sided adhesive to back and trim down if necessary. Adhere to the backside of the front card panel (i.e. behind the hearts). Keep the release sheet and place over front to protect it for now.
3. Die cut hearts in gray cardstock, keeping the pieces intact if possible (otherwise, just try to keep each heart's pieces together). Take the pieces of one heart and piece them into the top left heart; peel up release in that corner, or move the release sheet to under the heart - it will help prevent your hand and other things from getting into the sticky parts. Hint: use tweezers to hold the pieces as you place them. Repeat this process with the plaid paper, piecing into the next top row heart, ditto for the pink then the red hearts. Continue this process for the next two rows following the pattern shown in the photos.
4. Add adhesive to the back of some red cardstock. Stick to red fun foam and die cut Love (if not using fun foam, you may stack a few die cuts, gluing them together one at a time, to form a thick word). Optional: add Glossy Accents to top for some shine.
5. Adhere Love to card as shown. Adhere sequins to card where shown.
- Frantic Stamper Dies: Large Scalloped Edger Set (FRA-DIE-10129),
- Cardstock: White, Light Pink, Red, Gray
- Patterned Cardstock: Recollections Valentine 6x6 Pad (307839) - Plaid Sheet
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Sequins: Pinks/White/Iridescent
- Optional: Fun Foam (Preferably Red), Glossy Accents
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.