I used a few of the new dies by Susan Tierney-Cockburn to make this well wishing card (pun intended). The 3D flowers are super cute and really look great. I had fun coloring the pieces, which all started as white! Hint: do a Google image search if you need a model for coloring.
Making the Card
1. Cut green cardstock to 7x10 inches. Fold in half for a 5x7 inch card base. Cut black cardstock 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches. Attach to front of card. Cut light green patterned paper to 4 1/4 x 6 inches; attach to card lining up at top. Die cut darker green patterned paper with CountryScapes Grass edge, about 1 1/4 inches from bottom, then trim to 4 1/4 inches wide. Adhere to card as shown.
2. Die cut grass (Garden Bench set) from darker green patterned paper or use extra grass from step above. Optional: add shading with alcohol markers. Die cut "Well" (Get Well Soon): one copy from darker green patterned paper, two copies from black cardstock. Glue black copies together, lined up. Glue green copy on top but slightly offset so black will show as a shadow.
3. Die cut the following from alcohol marker friendly cardstock: well top, base, bucket, stones (CountryScapes Wishing Well), vase, leaves, 2 sets of flower petals (CountryScapes Backyard 2), basket, leaves, flowers (CountryScapes Flora 5).
4. Color each with alcohol markers (or whatever else you would like to use). I used Copic markers (see list of colors at bottom of Supplies).
5. For each rose, put a small strip of glue down the inside spiral; roll using tweezers. Shape "cosmea" flower petals with small ball stylus on molding pad. For each flower, layer two offset from each other. Optional: add a small dot of Daffodil Liquid Pearls to centers. Shape leaves by rubbing with medium ball stylus (also rub on back of base of large leaf clump to pop it out a little). Glue cosmea flowers to large leaf clump as shown.
6. Shape vase and basket by rubbing behind them with medium ball stylus (you may want to add a little shaping to the bucket too). I also cut the basket handle away from the back side of the basket so I could pop it forward.
7. Adhere well, top, bucket on hook, grass, vase, basket, and flowers as shown. If you cut the handle away from basket, use dimensional tape to pop it forward, as well as the basket.
8. Type "Wishing You" in word processing program; print on dark green patterned paper. You may have to temporarily attach it to a full sheet of paper to run it through the printer - use adhesive along the top where it won't be printing; don't use tape. Trim to a strip. Cut flag tails ("V" shape) as shown. Adhere to black cardstock, trim around. Adhere to card where shown.
9. Adhere "Well" and coin as shown.
- 1135 CountryScapes Wishing Well
- 1130 CountryScapes Flora 5
- 1010 CountryScapes Backyard 2
- 1094 CountryScapes Clouds & Grass
- 780 Garden Bench
- 1053 Get Well Soon - 3 Die Set
- 808 Susan's Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad
- Cardstock: Green, Black
- Patterned Paper: Authentique Renew 6x6 Pad (Light Green and Darker Green Distressed Sheets)
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock
- Alcohol Markers (e.g. Copic)
- Glue (e.g. Beacon Kids Choice Glue!)
- Liquid Pearls: Daffodil
Follow my blog with Bloglovin so you won't miss any of the wishing pun fun!