I love the shimmer of Fireworks sprays; it's perfect for holiday cards. I used the sprays to color most of the card. It lends a bit more texture to the background and tree. I masked to color a few areas, and used a paint brush to apply it to the smallest areas. The irRESISTible Texture Spray gave the card a slight dimension in the background as snow. Finally a few touches of Neon Amplify added fur to the hat and fox's tail.
Making the Card
1. Cut red cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. Cut plaid patterned paper (Lawn Fawn Perfectly Paid Christmas) 4 x 5 1/4 inches.
2. Using 2nd largest oval (Large Stitched Oval Stackables), die cut white cardstock. using largest oval (Small Stitched Oval Stackables), die cut green cardstock.
3. Die cut bow from red cardstock and assemble.
4. Watch the video below:
5. I had originally planned to do more shading in the background with Summer Sky Memento Ink, either starting at the bottom and fading to the top or vice versa but I actually liked the background just sprayed so I left it. You can also optionally use Cottage Ivy Memento Ink and masking for tree shading under the branches.
- irRESISTible Texture Spray: Wedding Dress
- Fireworks Sprays: Lady Bug, Cottage Ivy, Desert Sand, Summer Sky
- Memento Dew Drop Inks: Lady Bug, Toffee Crunch, Optional: Cottage Ivy, Summer Sky
- Ink Blushers
- VersaFine Ink: Onyx Black
- StazOn Ink: Jet Black
- Memento Markers: Tuxedo Black, Optional - London Fog
- Neon Amplify: White
- Patterned Paper: Lawn Fawn Perfectly Paid Christmas 6x6 Petite Paper Pack
- Cardstock: White, Red, Green
- Dies: Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Oval Stackables & Small Stitched Oval Stackables, Paper Smooches Baby Bow
- Stamps: Taylored Expressions Woodland Winter
- Masking Paper or Post-it Tape
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.