When I saw the new Circle Background die from ECD, I thought of making a moon background with lots of bats flying in front, easy to do thanks to Karen's Bats Stencil. Midnight the Bat is featured wishing you "Spooky Halloween Greetings." (Didn't know bats could talk, did ya?)
Making the Card
1. Cut black cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base.
2. Cut a piece of black cardstock (or paper) about 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (it will be trimmed later). Adhere clear double sided adhesive. This is the base for the background. Using Circle Background die, cut purple spiderweb patterned cardstock. Adhere frame to adhesive (purple side up - not in adhesive). Using Circle Background die, cut yellow spiderweb patterned cardstock. Leave in die - carefully remove frame. Line up purple frame inside die, flip and stick yellow pieces in place. You may have to manually piece some in. Note: if you can't find this exact cardstock, just use purple and yellow plain cardstock. You could keep the yellow frame and purple circle/other pieces for another card.
3. Using the Bats stencil, stencil bats with Black Soot Distress Ink over the background (you will need to do one side then a few more on the other since the stencil isn't quite large enough to cover the whole background in landscape). Once dry, trim excess backing if necessary. Adhere background to card base.
4. Die cut Midnight the Bat: body - Silver Gray Soft Finish Cardstock, shadow - black cardstock, eyes - White Soft Finish Cardstock. Ink edges of bat's body with Black Soot Distress Ink. Add small amount of double sided adhesive to purple side of cardstock (same cardstock as step 2). Die cut bow tie. Peel off liner and dip into Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; polish with finger. Optional: use Copic V06 to color over glitter. Assemble bat as shown on packaging.
5. Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 5 1/16 x 2 inches. Cut with stitched edge Speech Bubble (pointing to left). Stencil bats as shown - I used a light layer of both Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks to get it to match the purple. Either mask Halloween greeting stamp or cut apart the words (carefully!); stamp as shown with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink. Adhere to card as shown with dimensional tape.
6. Adhere bat to card using dimensional tape. Adhere enamel dots as shown.
- 1262 Circle Background
- 1257 Speech Bubble Edgy Options
- S013 Bats Stencil
- CS020 Halloween Clear Stamps
- 1203 Midnight the Bat
- Soft Finish Cardstock: White, Silver Gray
- Silk Microfine Glitter: 642 Cool Diamond
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Patterned Cardstock: Recollections Halloween 118665
- Cardstock: Black
- Enamel Dots: Black, Purple, Plum
- Optional: Copic Marker V06
- Distress Ink: Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Black Soot
- VersaFine: Onyx Black
- Dimensional Tape
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.