Here's a Halloween card full of sparkle (and maybe a wee bit of magic!). I used Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz on the background paper with the potion bottles to give it a subtle shine. Rather than coloring the images with pencils or markers, I painted them using Fireworks! The result looks incredible in person - like molten metals.
Making the Card
1. Cut black cardstock 7 x 10 inches. Fold in half to form a 5 x 7 inch card base.
2. Cut black cardstock 4 5/8 x 4 5/8 inches. Cut orange striped patterned paper (Doodlebug Design 6x6 Paper Pad Boos & Brews) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Stamp spider with VersaFine Onyx Black and draw line from edge to spider with black pen. Adhere to black cardstock.
3. Find potion bottle page in Doodlebug Design 6x6 Paper Pad Boos & Brews. Cut to 4 3/4 x 6 inches. Watch the following video.
4. Use different levels of dimensional tape to adhere the apothecary table, bottles, candelabra, and sentiment by doubling up on the apothecary, gluing the back bottles directly to the background, and using a single layer on everything else.
5. To make the bow, just go back and forth in a circular pattern then staple in the middle with a Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz). The spider charm will cover it. If you don't have one, use a strong dry adhesive such as Tear It Tape. Attach the "beware" charm using a jump ring. Adhere bow and charms to card as shown.
- Cardstock: White, Black
- Fireworks: Tangelo, New Sprout, Grape Jelly, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand, Tuxedo Black
- Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- StazOn Jet Black Ink
- Doodlebug Design 6x6 Paper Pad Boos & Brews 5407
- Stamps & Dies: Taylored Expressions - Toil & Trouble, Apothecary Shelf
- Black Pen (e.g. Copic Multiliner)
- Seam Binding (e.g. Hug Snug)
- Metal Embellishments (e.g. Tim Holtz)
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.