I was chosen to be the Paper Smooches guest designer for October! Woo-hoo! This is my first project. I used the new Leaf Frame Die to make a crooked window (haunted hauses don't have your straight ordinary windows) looking out onto the full moon and creepy tree (Fall Tree Die) scene. The sentiment is from the new Fall Sampler stamps.
Making the Card
1. Cut black cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4/1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Cut Tangerine Gingham Linen patterned paper 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Stamp web, spider, and "happy halloween" sentiment. You may want to heat set or let it dry for a while if you are using VersaFine - it takes a while to dry. Once dry, draw a line connecting the spider to the web using a black pen (e.g. Copic Multiliner).
3. Die cut black and dark gray cardstock with Leaf Frame. Use dark gray for inside of frame and black for the frame edge. Adhere at an angle to Tangerine patterned paper (step 2) as shown. Don't worry if part of the leaf hole is in the card area, the moon will cover it. Leave the overhang for now.
4. Die cut or punch 1 1/2 inch circle from yellow/orange cardstock. Stamp bat where shown (near one edge). Glue to window as shown.
5. Die cut Fall Tree from black cardstock. Line up in window and mark with pencil where it hits the edges; trim (you don't have to trim the left side as it will get trimmed with the other stuff). Adhere.
6. From the back side, cut along the edge to trim overhanging stuff. Adhere to card base. Add sequins where shown.
- Paper Smooches Dies: Leaf Frame, Fall Tree
- Paper Smooches Stamps: Fall Sampler, Halloweenies
- 1 1/2" Circle Die or Circle Punch
- Cardstock: Black, Dark Gray, Yellow/Orange
- Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design Tangerine Gingham Linen 5430
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Black Pen (e.g. Copic Multiliner)
- Sequins: Doodlebug Designs - Tangerine, Bumblebee
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.