Making the Card
1. Die Cut 3 panels from patterned paper (Abrianna by K&Company) using Accordion Rectangle: cut 2 from the blue side and 1 from the purple side. Line up panels so tabs are all on right. Cut tabs off last as directed on packaging. Decorate first, before assembly
2. Die cut 2 sets of Katie Flourish Frame Edges from both turquoise and purple/pink cardstock (i.e. 4 small and 4 big sides of each color). Adhere to opposite colored panels (the first panel will have them on both sides since it will be the front).
3. Die cut bird house, birds, wings, feet, and an extra heart from light purple/pink cardstock (Bird Dies, Birdhouse Dies). Die cut 2 sets of roofs, 2 outline hearts, decorative lines, and stand from purple/pink cardstock. Using the 2 rectangle dies (Accordion Rectangle), cut a frame from the light purple/pink cardstock (you will not use the inside of the frame) and large rectangles from both the light purple/pink and purple/pink cardstock.
4. Adhere one roof to bird house; cut chimney off the other and adhere with dimensional tape. Adhere outline heart and decorative lines as shown. Place frame on first panel where shown but before adhering, line up bird house stand and trim bottom off - glue stand first, then frame onto panel. Adhere birdhouse.
5. Die cut clouds (Country Scapes - Clouds & Grass) from scrap paper or cardstock. Use chalk or ink to make a few clouds in the upper third of the light purple/pink rectangle. Use the hill (Outdoor Edges) to cut purple/pink rectangle ground for birds. Adhere to light purple/pink rectangle then adhere to card base (middle panel). Chalk or ink birds as shown. Adhere feet. Rub lightly on the back of their bodies and wings with ball stylus to round them slightly, then use dimensional silicone (or dimensional tape) to adhere wings. Adhere googly eyes if desired (if not, add black cardstock behind eye holes). Once dry, adhere to panel as shown using dimensional silicone (or dimensional tape). When dry, adhere purple/pink heart as shown.
6. Stamp sentiment "There is beauty all around when there is love at home" on last panel in black ink. Adhere light purple/pink heart and purple/pink outline heart as shown. Adhere light purple/pink heart to first panel (front of card) in upper right corner. Adhere purple/pink heart on second panel in upper right corner.
7. Assemble as directed on packaging for Accordion Rectangle.
- 1249 Birds
- 1250 Birdhouse
- 972 Accordion Rectangle
- 977 Katie Flourish Frame Edges
- 1094 Country Scapes - Clouds & Grass
- 914 Outdoor Edges
- Cardstock: Turquoise, Light Purple/Pink, Purple/Pink
- K&Company Specialty Paper 12x12 Abrianna
- Stamps: Close to My Heart S1302 Home Sweet Home
- Black Ink (e.g. VersaFine Onyx Black)
- Pastels (I used PanPastels) or Distress Ink and Ink Blending Tool
- Dimensional Tape
- Optional: Decorators Solution Clear Dimensional Silicone
- Optional: Googly Eyes
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.