Making the Card
1. Cut red cardstock 7x10 inches; fold in hafl to form a 5x7 card base. Cut pattened cardstock with holiday icons to 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches; fold in half. Cut another patterned cardstock 4 1/2 by 6 1/2.; adhere to front of card. Cut brown cardstock 1 x 7 inches; adhere as shown. From red cardstock, cut a strip about 1/8 inch wide (for stripes on stocking).
2. Use Lorna Label PopUp to create platform in center of folded patterned cardstock as directed on packaging. From a piece of dotted cardstock, cut an extra platform - trim away all but label area (use score lines as guides). Adhere dotted cardstock to center platform. Train folds for pop up platform. Adhere to card base inside (adhere one side, then add adhesive to the other and close card). Cut off-white cardstock 2 1/2 x 5 inches. Adhere to patterned cardstock where shown (this is the writing space).
3. Die cut the following:
- red cardstock: top of stocking plus toe and heel pieces, lolly pop spiral, 6 berries for holly (Candle), and ornament base
- light pink cardstock: lolly pop base (to make it a circle, refit piece back into die shifting it to cut off wrapper end; may want to use removable tape to hold in place), decorator label with stitches (Lorna Label PopUp), banner (Lorna Label PopUp), candy cane (Gingerbread Man), and stocking base
- off-white cardstock: gingerbread man shadow, 3 eyes (to use as buttons so they look more like the images on patterned cardstock), "frosting" for the gingerbread man, snowflake (Winter Sweater)
- green: 2 sets of attached holly leaves (Candle)
- light green: 2 sets of attached holly leaves (Candle) - cut each leaf in half following score lines then glue to green copy (left side)
- black: buttons (Build a Snowman) to be used for gingerbread man's eyes
- silver Shimmer Sheetz: top of ornament
4. Adhere the following:
- snowflake and top of ornament to ornament as shown
- lolly pop spiral to base
- top to stocking, then stripes (trim from back side using detail scissors), toe, and heel
6. Use dimensional tape to adhere gingerbread man and stocking on pop up platform as shown. Adhere banner to base with dimensional tape.
7. Adhere pink stitched label to front with dimensional tape. Adhere holly leaves and 2 berries as shown (one set inside card, one set on front); use dimensional tape for the 3rd berry. Adhere candy at double dimensional tape height (i.e use single layer on label area, double up tape for off label area). Adhere ornament with dimensional tape. Color candy cane stripes (I used Copic R27). Glue candy cane where shown.
- 1246 Gingerbread Man
- 1180 Lollypop
- 1240 Winter Sweater
- 932 Stocking Solid
- 927 Ornament Set 3
- 919 Candle
- 1081 CountryScapes - Build a Snowman
- 915 Lorna Label PopUp
- SS 0211 Shimmer Sheetz: Silver
- CS003 Merry & Bright
- Cardstock: Red, Green, Light Green, Brown, Off-White, Light Pink, Black
- Patterned Cardstock: Pebbles Home for Christmas 732678
- Burgundy Pen
- Brown Ink (e.g. Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa)
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.