When I first saw these dies, I really liked them but I couldn't think of how I would use them... finally I came up with a fun sentiment that would work perfectly. Since I don't have a stamp with the sentiment I wanted to use, I just printed it out on my printer.
Making the Card
1. Cut Dove Gray Soft Finish Cardstock to 7 x 10 inches; fold in half to form a card base. Cut red cardstock to 4 5/8 x 6 5/8 inches. Adhere to card base.
2. Die cut scrap of cardstock (any color) with cloud die to create cloud stencil. Die cut another scrap (white cardstock) with grass die to create grass stencil - the top will be the stencil but the bottom will be colored for grass. Cut white cardstock to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches; use landscape (horizontal) as the base for coloring your scene. To color sky, use the bottom piece of cloud die cut with PanPastel Phtalo Blue Tint (Color No. 560.8, light blue) - use circular motion when coloring. Slightly blur lines and add color as shown to create fluffy clouds. To color grass, use top piece of grass die cut with PanPastel Bright Yellow Green Shade (Color No. 680.30). Hint: I only colored in tips then offset to color more, making thicker grass. I also used the applicator to blend color down then added more stenciled grass. Color the white die cut grass with same yellow green. Cut a couple small pieces of grass to go over bottom of each pole - they will overlap, offset from each other.
3. Die cut Wash Day and Fox (Critters 2) pieces from alcohol marker friendly cardstock (e.g. X-Press It blending card). Color with alcohol markers (list of Copic colors used is at bottom of post). When coloring the quilt, first draw lines with an alcohol marker friendly pen, such as the Copic Multiliner. Shape each piece by rubbing on backs with ball stylus. Optional: use a pointed tool to go over lines on quilt. I penciled in the fox's face then used a small Multiliner (.05) to draw in features. Adhere poles first using thick glue, e.g. Kids Choice Glue (I used a toothpick to apply) - do not add glue to the clotheslines themselves. Adhere clothes as shown. Adhere grass over bottoms of poles (two pieces each, offset). Trim grass if necessary. Adhere fox as shown using dimensional tape.
4. On white cardstock, print sentiment on printer using desired font (hint: print several sizes, and different fonts, leaving plenty of space between each, so you may choose the one you like best). Die cut using medium label die from Lucy Label Pop Up. Add PanPastel Phtalo Blue Tint (Color No. 560.8, light blue) to edges. Adhere to card using dimensional tape where shown.
5. Adhere enamel dots as shown.
- 1094 CountryScapes - Clouds & Grass
- 1127 CountryScapes Backyard 5 - Wash Day
- 1012 CountrySapes - Critters 2 (Fox)
- 779 Lucy Label Pop Up (Bracket Label)
- Soft Finish Cardstock: Dove Gray
- PanPastels: Flower Coloring Kit 2
- Beacon Kids Choice Glue
- Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- Mini Molding Pad
- Cardstock: White, Red
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (e.g. X-Press It Blending Card)
- Alcohol Markers (e.g. Copic Markers)
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Black Pen (e.g. Copic Multiliner)
- Dimensional Tape
- Enamel Dots
- Wood Posts: E59, E57, E55
- Clothesline: W0, W2
- Clothespins: E34, E53
- Pajamas: R89, R29, R24
- Quilt: C10, C8, C6, C4, C2, C0, R89, R29, R24
- Jeans/Blue Socks: B37, B32, B34
- Black Socks: 100 Black, C10, C8, C6
- Shirt C4, C2, C1
- Fox: E29, E30, E33, E34, E49, E97, E99, T1, T2, T3
Follow my blog with Bloglovin so you won't miss any of the Copic fun!
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.