Making the Card
1. Cut Whisper Blue Soft Finish Cardstock to 7 x 10 inches; fold in half to form a 5x7 card base. Cut True Blue Soft Finish Cardstock to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches. Optional: go around outside edges with Copic B66 or similar marker - this hides the white core. Adhere to front of card.
2. Cut BoBunny Secret Garden Arbor cardstock to 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches. Using largest label die from Lorna Label PopUp, die cut True Blue Soft Finish Cardstock. Optional: go around outside edges with Copic B66. From heavy weight white cardstock, die cut Happy Birthday. (Note: if you do not have heavy weight white cardstock, just die cut a couple copies and glue them in a stack to make them thicker.)
3. As shown in the video below, use Clear embossing powder and VersaMarker to add some shine and slight texture to the paper. You will also decorate the label, using Coffee stencil and Sparkle embossing powder, plus add dimension to the sentiment with White Radiant Neon Amplify.
4. Adhere BoBunny paper to front of card as shown. Create Hydrangea following instructions in video below. I used purple and purple/blue cardstock for the petals - colored them randomly with Elderberry and Paris Dark Memento Inks using a cotton swab to apply the color. I added Narcissus VersaColor ink to the centers. Optional: use clear dimensional silicone under flower domes to help keep their shape. After shaping petals and gluing them on the domes I added small Prills to the centers of each. Use green cardstock for the leaves - highlight with Narcissus VersaColor.
5. Adhere sentiment to label as shown. Using dimensional tape, add label to card where shown. Optional: add sequins as shown.
- Susan's Garden - Hydrangea
- Stage It Stencils: Coffee
- Lorna Label PopUp
- Happy Birthday Die
- Soft Finish Cardstock: Whisper Blue, True Blue
- Beacon Kids Choice Glue
- Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- Mini Molding Pad
- Cardstock: Purple, Blue/Purple, Green, White (Heavy weight, or glue two copies of die cut together)
- Memento Ink: Elderberry, Paris Dark
- VersaColor: Narcissus
- BoBunny Paper: 12" Secret Garden Arbor (#19501362)
- Imagine Crafts Embossing Powder: Clear, Sparkle
- Radiant Neon Amplify: White
- Cotton Swabs
- Masking Tape (e.g. Post-It Removable Labeling Tape)
- Dimensional Tape
- Optional: Decorator's Solution Clear Translucent Dimensional Silicone
- Optional: Copic B66 or other marker
- Optional: Sequins
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog.