This is a cool way to create the look of water. I put in a bit more color than I would have liked but it still looks pretty good. The Shimmer Creative Medium looks really pretty in person - it gives it a subtle shimmer when you tilt the card.
Creating the Project
1. Cut light turquoise cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Cut turquoise cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Cut fish patterned paper (Doodlebug Under the Sea) 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches. Adhere to turquoise then to card base. Stamp "you're fintastic" with Onyx Black VersaFine ink onto light turquoise cardstock, trim down. Cut turquoise cardstock to be 1/8 inch larger in each dimension (so 1/16 will show all around); adhere sentiment.
3. The flip side of the fish patterned paper is bubbles. Cut a strip from left over scrap and mat it with turquoise cardstock 1/8 inch larger in each dimension (so 1/16 will show around). Adhere together. Adhere to card where shown.
4. Die cut light turquoise cardstock with stitched rectangle die (2nd smallest in set). Cut turquoise cardstock 1/4 inch larger in each dimension (so about 1/8 will show all around). Adhere together.
5. Watch video below to create aquarium:
6. Adhere aquarium and sentiment using dimensional tape where shown. Add enamel dots to upper right corner to look like bubbles.
Imagine Crafts Supplies
- Creative Medium (Shimmer or Clear)
- StazOn Ink: Jet Black
- VersaFine Ink: Onyx Black
- Palette Knife
- Memento Markers: Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch
- Cardstock: Light Turquoise, Turquoise
- Watercolor Paper (e.g. Arches Hot Press)
- Color Burst: Ultramarine Blue
- Plastic Packaging
- Stamps: Lawn Fawn Fantastic Friends
- Watercolor Paint (e.g. Windsor & Newton) or Other Coloring Medium
- Patterned Paper: Doodlebug Design Under the Sea 6x6 Paper Pad
- Dies: Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Optional: Clear Dimensional Tape (e.g. Scotch Clear Mounting Tape)
- Clear Glue (e.g. Glossy Accents) - for adhering aquarium front to water if you don't want to use the clear dimensional tape
- Dimensional Tape
- Enamel Dots
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of blog