Made for the ECD Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
I love the effect Brusho crystals have when they are hit with water. I decided to use them to color cardstock for my lilacs. The variation in colors looks so pretty. For the large tag card base, instead of using the decorator die to cut through the top, I used the negative pieces to create a sort of ivy look.
Making the Card
1. Cut light purple cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half. Using the main Tags & More 7 die, line up and die cut just outside of fold and just below top of card, i.e. the cutting blade should be outside (not on the card) on the left but the hole and fancy top part should be just inside the cardstock at the top. Cut right side flush if necessary.
2. Die cut vine decorator piece from green cardstock; before removing die, trace around top edge. Cut along traced line. Line up traced edge with top of card and use as a template for gluing leaves (be careful to get glue only under leaves otherwise the template will not come off cleanly).
3. Die cut large decorator tag (Tags Pivot Card set) from patterned paper. Tie twine through hole and make a bow. Adhere to card where shown.
4. Spray a piece of smooth cream cardstock with water. Sprinkle the following colors of Brusho over surface: Ultra Marine, Purple, Violet. Add more water as necessary. Use a brush to move color over entire surface. Dry with a heat tool or let dry naturally. Note: the backsides will show; if enough color didn't seep through, you may want to color the back as well. Optional: if you do not have Brusho, you could use watercolor.
5. Die cut lilac branch from brown cardstock and 2 sets of leaves from green cardstock. Die cut 5 sets of petals and Hello sentiment from Brusho colored cardstock. Shape lilac and adhere to card, using the following video as a guide.
6. Adhere Hello to tag where shown. Tie trim (or ribbon) through top hole. Embellish with enamel dots as shown.
- 1017 Garden Notes - Lilac
- 960 Tags & More 7 - Vine
- 973 Tags Pivot Card
- 787 Hello
- 808 Susan's Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad
- Cardstock: Light Purple, Green, Brown, Cream (Smooth)
- Patterned Paper: K&Company Best of Brenda Walton 12x12 Pad 30-542969
- Brusho: Ultra Marine, Purple, Violet
- Brush, Water, Spray Bottle
- Kids Choice Glue
- Twine: White/Purple
- Trim or Ribbon (Trim from Michaels)