Alone, white pigment ink on kraft shows pretty well. When you add dye ink on top but slightly offset, it produces an interesting effect. This technique works well with a variety of solid geometric shaped stamps. You could even use other shapes like hearts or flowers, just keep in mind that it looks best when done with solid area stamps (as opposed to open - line only - designs).
Making the Card
1. Cut kraft cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. Fold in half to form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Watch the video tutorial:
3. Try out different colors of dye ink over white pigment ink to see what you like best: stamp with white pigment ink first, clean stamp, stamp dye ink slightly offset over white pigment ink. Also try different shapes!
Imagine Crafts Supplies
- Memento Ink (Dew Drops): Grape Jelly, Danube Blue, Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion, Tangelo, Lady Bug
- VersaColor Ink: White
- VersaFine Ink: Onyx Black
- Cardstock: Kraft
- Stamps: Sizzix Banners, Pennant Stamps & Dies (available at Stamps of Life)
Affiliates links may be included in this post. See Notice at bottom of page.