I recently bought some FineTec mica watercolor paints. I was amazed to see how incredibly shiny and beautiful they are. The gold makes the card look really elegant. Just be aware that the paint may flake off on smooth cardstock so be sure to shape the flowers before adding the watercolor. This card could easily be made into a wedding or anniversary card just by changing the sentiment.
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock 5 1/4x10 inches; fold in half for a 5x5 1/4 inch card base. Go around outer three edges with Tibet Gold FineTec Artist Mica Watercolor.
2. Die cut two copies of Grapevine Wreath from white cardstock. Add Tibet Gold to parts of one. Shape by rubbing ball stylus along outside branches on both copies. Adhere copy with gold to card base then adhere white copy on top (in a different orientation so the branches will be offset).
3. Die cut label (Katie Label Pivot Card) from white cardstock. Go around edges with Tibet Gold.
4. Die cut 5 or 6 copies of Happy Birthday from white cardstock. Glue all but one copy lined up on top of one another to form a thick stack. Paint edges with Tibet Gold (try not to get any gold paint on the front or back of the words - the glue won't stick to it well). Adhere final (white) copy to top of stack.
5. Die cut roses (Garden Notes - Rose 2, Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses) from white cardstock. If you want fuller roses, just cut some extra petals. Shape petals and leaves as shown in the video below (cut leaves off stem - discard stem) and assemble flowers. Paint edges of petals and leaves with Tibet Gold. Adhere flowers and leaves as shown. Note: I used Kids Choice Glue - it works really well.
6. Adhere gold beads as shown.
- 1139 Garden Notes Grapevine Wreath Round
- 998 Garden Notes - Rose 2
- 1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses
- 768 Katie Label Pivot Card (Label)
- 738 Happy Birthday
- Cardstock: White
- FineTec Artist Mica Watercolors Set of 6 Metallic: Tibet Gold
- Gold Beads
- Kids Choice Glue (Beacon Adhesives)