Pansies come in so many beautiful colors. I thought it would be fun to make a card with some of the varieties against a fairly monochromatic background to create a striking contrast.
Making the Card
1. Cut purple cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2; fold in half for a 4 1/4 x5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Die cut blue cardstock with Garden Patch die (keep the squares for another project, you will only need the frame for this card). Adhere to front of card as shown.
3. Die cut squares of wood, stone, and cement papers with Garden Patch die. Adhere squares in frame.
4. Using alcohol marker friendly cardstock, die cut 7 copies of Pansy petals and a few of the leaves, including a couple of the ones on the stems (but cut off the stems). Color pansies and leaves with alcohol markers (Google "pansy" then check out the images if you need some models).
5. Shape flowers with Susan's tool set and molding pad. See the video below for shaping.
6. Adhere silver foil cardstock to thin black craft foam. Die cut with Cheers sentiment. Adhere where shown.
- 1089 Garden Notes - Pansy
- 1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses
- TTL003 - Wood
- TTL002 - Stone
- 808 Susan's Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad
- 736 Cheers
- Cardstock: Blue, Purple
- Alcohol Markers (e.g. Copic)
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Paper (e.g. X-Press It Blending Card)
- Kids Choice Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Craft Foam: Black (I used the thin type)
- Silver Foil Cardstock (e.g. Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Metallic Collection by Core'dinations)
G43, G28, YG67, R22, R27, R29, Y08, R89, RV09, RV04, V04, V09, B79, B29, B69, B28, B23, B21, B91, YR68, YR82, YR65, Y08, Y06, Y11, Y00, Y000
Follow my blog with Bloglovin so you won't miss any of the flower making fun!