This is the card I made my hubby for our 25th wedding anniversary, earlier this month. I just love the Lily of the Valley image of these two cuties sitting in a tree (K-I-S-S-I-N-G ?). I colored the image with Copic alcohol markers to look a little like a watercolor wash, with soft blending.
Making the Card
1. Die cut card base from cream cardstock using the large card die from Sizzix Framelits Lovely Sentiments Drop-ins. From red cardstock, cut frame with "love" drop-in. From pink chevron paper, cut heart background (keep heart pieces) - trim to fit behind red frame. Adhere red frame over heart background; center and adhere to card front.
2. Stamp Lily of the Valley "In Love" on Copic friendly paper in black ink (e.g. Memento Tuxedo Black). I used Curious Metallics Cryogen White (cover weight). It has a subtle shimmer and looks really beautiful in person. It also allows alcohol marker colors to blend really well. Color as desired (the list of colors I used is below Supplies).
3. Using the two largest Spellbinders Classical Ovals, one from each set: S4-112 and S4-110, die cut colored image and background (blue/cream dot cardstock). Adhere background to front of card where shown. Use dimensional tape to adhere colored image centered on background. Adhere some of the chevron hearts as shown.
4. From the script writing paper, die cut card inside liner using Sizzix Framelits Banners 3-D Drop-ins and the main banner die. Train the folds. Die cut banner pieces from blue/cream dot cardstock. Adhere banner pieces centered on banner base (I bent the center piece in half before adhering). To adhere inside card: put adhesive all around the outside back of half (do not add any on backs of the banner areas) then, while folded, line up the non-sticky side inside the card and close. One half will be stuck down. Flip to put adhesive on the other side in the same way then close.
5. Cut "you & me" sentiment from red cardstock, then its shadow from pink chevron paper. Adhere together. Fold in half. Add dimensional tape behind "you" and "me" (none behind "&"). Adhere sentiment and hearts where shown.
- Cardstock: Cream, Red
- Copic Friendly Ink (e.g. Memento Tuxedo Black)
- Copic Friendly Paper: Curious Metallics Cover Cryogen White
- Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye 6x6 Paper Pad, Filled With Love (Pink Chevron); My Mind's Eye 12x12 Designer Paper Pad Lost & Found 2 LF218P (Script Writing with Cream Background)
- Patterned Cardstock: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Oliver White Floral Paper LF3007 (Blue/Cream Dot)
- 660143 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 14PK - Card w/Lovely Sentiments Drop-ins
- 660145 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 28PK - Card w/Banners 3-D Drop-ins
- Spellbinders S4-112 Classic Ovals Small and S4-110 Classic Ovals Large
- Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E13, E11 Cheeks E95, E01
- Socks: T2, T0
- Boy's Hair N9, N7, N5, 100 Black
- Girl's Hair/Tree/Shoes E49, E59, E57, E55, E99
- Leaves YG63, YG61, G99, G94
- Flowers/Hat/Stripes/Dots: R29, R27, R24, R22
- Dress/Shorts: BG75, BG72, BG70