Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of purple cardstock 5.75x8.5 inches. Fold in half to form a 4.25x5.75 card base.
2. Line up and center the main Tags & More 7 die at the top the card such that the edge of the folded card is inside the left edge of the die, i.e. you do not want to cut the fold, instead you want to line up the die outside of the fold. Be sure the die top is within a quarter inch of the top. Run it through the die cutting machine. The card should measure about 4.25x5.5 (A2 sized card) - if not, just trim the bottom a little.
3. Using the decorator vine die, open the card and cut the top front, lining up the holes.
4. Cut a piece of yellow cardstock to fit on the bottom of the card as shown, leaving a small margin. Cut a piece of Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz to fit as shown. Emboss the Shimmer Sheetz using the Swirly Curves Embossing Folder. Adhere the Shimmer Sheetz to the yellow cardstock with strong double-sided adhesive.
5. Die cut 2 lilies, including stems and leaves from purple and green cardstock. Watercolor lightly with Concord Grape Distress Stain, front and back for shading. When dry, add colored pencil veins as shown. Shape assemble as described in my Lily on Velvet Greeting Card post (there is also a video tutorial), adding yellow Pan Pastel (Kit 1) to center areas as shown. For this card, I added green Pan Pastel (Kit 2) highlights to stems after shaping and used Mustard Seed Distress Powder for the stamen.
6. Adhere flowers to Shimmer Sheetz as shown. Die cut Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper from purple cardstock. Adhere where shown. Glue velvet ribbon around Shimmer Sheetz/yellow cardstock, covering bottom of Happy Birthday Stand Up and wrapping slightly around back.
7. Adhere to front of card as shown. Half color a length of seam binding with Concord Grape Distress Stain: I wet the entire piece first, rolled up the ribbon then dipped half into the stain. I also added a bit of Inktense purple watercolor pencil, with a brush and water, to areas of the ribbon to introduce more blue/purple color so it would better match my cardstock. Carefully dry with a heat tool. Finish with yellow/white twine on front tag and seam binding on back tag.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
- 960 Tags & More 7 - Vine
- SS 0216 Amethyst Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz- 3 Pack
- E119 Swirly Curves Embossing Folder
- Double-Sided Adhesive
- 995 Garden Notes - Lily
- 30115 Susan's Garden PanPastel Flower Coloring Kit 1
- 30116 Susan's Garden PanPastel Flower Coloring Kit 2
- 810 Large Molding Pad
- 808 Susan's Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 937 Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper
- Cardstock: Purple, Yellow, Green
- Colored Pencils
- Purple Velvet Ribbon
- Distress Powder: Mustard Seed
- Seam Binding Ribbon
- Distress Stain: Concord Grape
- Inktense Watercolor Pencils
- Twine: Yellow/White