Made for the ECD Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
This elegant looking card is fairly simple to make. The trickiest part is making the pine cones but even those are pretty easy (and there's a video!). The branches flatten easily for mailing. The items that really stick up are the "berries" (half pearls). You could substitute glittery round red stickers to allow the card to flatten even more.
Making the Card
1. Cut red cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (half of an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet). Fold in half. Use main Tags & More 7 - Vine die to cut top, aligning left edge along, but outside of fold (you don't want to cut the fold).
2. Cut patterned paper 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches to go across card front. Cut green strip 1/8 x 8 1/2 inches; cut in half. Adhere these to card base as shown.
3. Using Garden Notes - White Pine Pinecone & Bough, die cut about 14 pine bough sets from each: green and white cardstock (I cut a few more green than white). Cut apart the double boughs (you may want to trim the stems a bit as well).
4. Draw a circle where you want the wreath. I used a roll of washi tape to trace a circle. Glue pine boughs following guide line - place 2 green then 2 white (or 3 green and 2 white). Add more boughs for a fuller look.
5. Make two pine cones as shown in the video below. Optional: ink bottom of each "seed" with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and ink blending tool.
6. Adhere pine cones and red half pearls where shown.
7. Die a length of white seam binding with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink (my cardstock had more blue in it so I had to add some Stormy Sky as well). Tie through back hole. Tie white ribbon through front hole.
8. Stamp "Merry Christmas" sentiment inside, bottom right corner, in black ink.
- 960 Tags & More 7 - Vine
- 1091 Garden Notes - White Pine Pinecone & Bough
- CS003 Merry & Bright Stamp Set
- Cardstock: Red, Green, White
- Patterned Paper: Christmas Home (Teresa Collins) CH2719
- Optional: Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Ink Blending Tool
- Distress Ink: Evergreen Bough, Stormy Sky
- Seam Binding: White
- White Ribbon
- Black Ink
- Red Half Pearls