This cute little image of a boy dressed up as a mummy is the perfect selection for Prismacolor pencils and a Sansodor/mineral spirits blending technique.
Making the Card
1. Cut kraft cardstock 7x10 inches; fold in half for a card base. Cut black cardstock 3 7/8 x 5 inches and 4 5/8 x 6 1/8 inches. Cut spider web paper (from Boo! pad) to 3 3/4 x 4 7/8 inches. Cut cream/light orange paisley paper (from Rare Oddities pad) 4 1/2 x 6 inches. Adhere the matching sized patterned papers to the black cardstock as shown. Cut a strip of spider paper (from Boo! pad) about an inch wide.
2. Stamp mummy on white cardstock using a water based black ink that will stand up to mineral spirits and some rubbing (StazOn will probably smear). You may have to heat set it before starting. Stamp the spider hanging off the back wrap as shown. Draw a black line and some little circles for pebbles as ground using Copic Multiliner or other black pen (test that it won't rub off first).
3. Color with Prismacolor pencils (a list of colors I used is below Supplies). Use a clean blending stump each time you switch colors (or sand off the previous color). Die cut using Small Stitched Rectangle (2 3/4 inch wide) as shown.
4. Stamp "All Wrapped Up" on white cardstock. Cut it in a strip then cut tails as shown. Adhere everything on the card as shown... from the back side of the card, cut off extra sider strip sticking out past the card edges. Adhere pumpkin embellishment.
- Cardstock: Kraft, Black, White
- Pebbles Patterned Paper: Boo! 732984
- Oak Tree Stamps: Wickedly Cute
- Black Ink (e.g. Memento)
- Tortillion or Stumps for Blending
- Graphic 45 Patterned Paper: Rare Oddities 6x6 450115
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables LF 768
- Jolee's Boutique: White Pumpkin Repeats 50-21242
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils
- Ground Line: Copic Multiliner Black .3
- Face: 928, 939, PC1080, PC997
- Wrap: 914, PC1094
- Eyes: 904, PC103
- Hair: 961, 962, 963
- Ground/Shadow: 941, 946, 966, 967, 968
- Sky: PC1079, 933, PC208