Made for the Oak Tree Stamps Design Team
Introducing "All I Want for Christmas" from Oak Tree Stamps! This adorable little boy is helping to decorate, in all his wide-eyed wonder. I wanted the main focus to be on him so I decided to subtly add trees to the background rather than to the card.
Making the Card
1. Cut red cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. Fold in half for a card base. Cut black cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Cut ornament patterned paper 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches. Adhere ornament paper to black mat. Adhere to card.
2. Stamp boy and "Joy" sentiment in waterproof black ink on watercolor paper. I used Versafine on Arches hot press watercolor paper (love the smooth surface). Watercolor the boy, starting with the lightest color in each section, letting it dry then adding a darker shade. This gives it a certain "painterly" look.
3. Fussy cut boy. I used a craft knife for the bit between his arms. Go around edges with black marker pen from the back, e.g. Copic Multiliner with brush tip. This hides any white on the edges and gives it a polished look.
4. Cut "Joy" in a rectangle - big enough to include a flag tail. I hand cut the tail by putting a dot where I want the V to meet, then cut up to it from each side. Adhere to black cardstock, aligning edges so as to do as little cutting as possible to mat the flag.
5. Die cut tree patterned paper with Spellbinders Classic Ovals Small. Die cut red cardstock with Spellbinders Lacy Ovals. Adhere tree oval to red lacy oval. Adhere to card where shown.
6. Adhere boy and "Joy" flag to card where shown, using dimensional tape. Adhere enamel dots as shown. Tie a small bow with red ribbon and adhere.
- Cardstock: Red, Black
- Watercolor Paper (e.g. Arches Hot Press)
- Patterned Paper: Jolly Holiday (Recollections) 6x6 Pad
- Oak Tree Stamps: All I Want for Christmas
- Spellbinders: Lacey Ovals S4-314, Classic Ovals Small S4-112 (Largest of Both)
- Enamel Dots
- Red Ribbon