Time to make holiday cards! I know, Halloween hasn't even passed yet but I'm almost always behind on making and sending Christmas/holiday cards so I'm starting early! Maybe I'll actually get them all out on time this year! (Doubtful, but I can dream...) This card features the poinsettia flowers/dies from Susan Tierney-Cockburn from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
Making the Card
1. Cut red cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. Cut poinsettia patterned paper (Graphic 45 A Christmas Carol 8x8 pad) 5 x 8 inches. Wrap gold washi tape around near bottom as shown. Adhere to center of red cardstock - be generous with the adhesive, especially all along the outside and in center where the fold will be; remember that the label parts will need to stay together once cut as well. Fold in half. Using main Katie Label Pivot Card die, cut as directed (note: run it through 2 or 3 times due to thickness) - place the die slightly towards the top of the card to have a little more room on the bottom. Fold as instructed.
2. Using largest label die, cut two from beige holly background (Graphic 45 A Christmas Carol 6x6 pad). Adhere one label to front (left side) but leave the other off for the moment.
3. Cut 4 copies of Merry Christmas from red cardstock. Glue matching copies to each other to form thick stacks. Adhere as shown to other label. Cut two small slits where the bells will be hung. String gold thread through two small bells, tie knot at top of each. Slip these into the slots and adhere to back of label. Adhere label to right side of card as shown.
4. On a piece of cardstock at least 9 inches wide, add a line of double sided adhesive (I used 10mm size). Sprinkle with Regal Green Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with finger. Cut down to 1/8 inch strip. Add two lines of double sided adhesive to cardstock and repeat the process with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter - cutting one line 1/8 inch and one 1/4 inch. Cut two strips of Graphic 45 poinsettia patterned paper about 3/4 inch by at least 5 inches. Adhere 1/4 inch red glitter strip at top and bottom of card front: add adhesive to back, line up one side, stick down, trim on other (there should be enough for both sides). Do the same with the poinsettia strips, 1/8 inch red strip, then finally the 1/8 inch green strip - lining each flush with the previous.
5. Adhere Peace on Earth Tidings Token with dimensional tape as shown. Tie a double bow from red/white twine and glue at top of token (or tie it around token).
6. From pink and red cardstock, cut one full set plus 2 extra sets of separate petals/leaves using the Poinsettia set. From green cardstock cut double this amount (i.e. enough for two flowers). Follow instructions in video below to create two poinsettia flowers. I used Distress Inks and PanPastels as listed in supplies below. Adhere to front of card.
- 1090 Garden Notes - Poinsettia
- 745 Merry Christmas
- 768 Katie Label Pivot Card
- 808 Susan's Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad (6.5" X 12"/16.5mm X 30mm)
- PanPastels: Chromium Oxide Green Tint (Color No. 660.8), Permanent Red (Color No. 340.5), Perm Red Ex Dark (Color No. 340.1)
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Silk Microfine Glitter: 630 Regal Green, 614 True Red
- Cardstock: Red, Pink, Green, Gold
- Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 A Christmas Carol, both 8x8 and 6x6 pads
- Distress Ink: Forest Moss, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick
- Small Jingle Bells (Craft Store)
- Gold Metallic Thread
- Red/White Twine
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Adornments - Tidings Tokens (Peace on Earth)
- Washi Tape: Gold