Made by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Oak Tree Stamps Design Team
I'm so happy to be using these new stamps from the Wickedly Cute set! I love Halloween - and this set is perfect for a card or to be used as a decoration.
Making the Card
1. Stamp witch and "Stop by for a spell" sentiment from Wickedly Cute Stamp Set on alcohol marker friendly paper with alcohol marker friendly ink.
2. Color image with alcohol markers (the colors I used are listed below Supplies). Optional: add clear Wink of Stella to dress and hat for a shimmery look. Cut around image leaving small white line.
3. Cut magenta cardstock using main card die from Sizzix Framelits Card, Regal Stand-Ups. Cut star background patterned paper (Pebbles - Boo! 732984) using decorator pieces. Adhere to front of card.
4. From bright green cardstock, cut 4 copies of "toil," "&," "trouble" words from Sizzix Thinlits - Halloween Words: Script. Leave the last copy in the cardstock; put removable tape or Post-it tape behind it (if it fell out, just replace it). Using a blending tool, add Mowed Lawn Distress Ink starting at the bottom, blending upwards to the middle. Glue the layers of each word together to form a thick stack with the blended one on top.
6. Cut striped paper about 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (5 1/2" is the width of the card). Put adhesive on back then wrap twine around 3 times. Adhere to base of card where shown (I used glue on the top and bottom edges to help hold it down since the twine tends to pop up the edges). With wire cutters, clip button loop off back of black cat button. Optional: the cat looked too gray so I colored it with black acrylic paint then painted in eyes with white acrylic mixed with Twisted Citron Distress Ink. Adhere where shown.
7. Cut "Stop by for a spell" into a strip; add tail (i.e. cut a V into the left side). Add Twisted Citron Distress Ink around edges with ink blending tool. Adhere with dimensional tape as shown.
- Cardstock: Magenta, Bright Green
- Patterned Paper: Pebbles - Boo! 732984
- Oak Tree Stamps: Wickedly Cute Set
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Paper (Copic X-Press It Blending Card)
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Ink: Black (Memento - Tuxedo Black)
- Alcohol Markers (Copics)
- Optional: Wink of Stella - Clear
- Sizzix Framelits Die Set 22PK - Card, Regal Stand-Ups 659211
- Copic Multiliner: Black (or other black ink pen)
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 18PK - Halloween Words: Script 660957
- Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron
- Ink Blending Took
- Twine: Black/Bright Green
- Button (Black Cat): Buttons Galore & More - Witchcraft & Wizardry 4077
- Enamel Dots: Bright Green, Purple, Dark Purple
- Rhinestone Brad: Purple
- Skin: E0000, E000, E00 Shading E11, E13 Cheeks E93, E01
- Hat/Dress/Stockings: V04, V09
- Eyes/Stockings: YG23, YG25, YG17, YG67
- Tongue: RV23, RV25, RV29
- Broom: E55, E57, E59, E49, YR23, YR24, YR27, YR31
- Hair/Shoes/Mouth: N3, N5, N7, N9
- Pupils: Copic Multiliner Black
- Optional: White Acrylic Paint