Created for the Oak Tree Stamps Design Team
This is my first post as part of the Oak Tree Stamps Design Team. Yay! Their stamps are so cute! They don't have many sets right now but there are some wonderful designs planned, so be sure to check back with them often! Also, I have a discount code good for 30% off this stamp set just for reading my blog! Use code MDP30. Alternatively, get the entire bundle of 5 sets for $32.50 off (!) using code OAKTREEFANS (only one code may be used).
Making the Card
1. Die cut base card Sizzix Card, Basic Step-Ups from light gray cardstock. Die cut front panel and step decorator pieces from Something Wonderful 6x6 Paper Pad, small heart pattern. Adhere to card base where shown. Using a black pen, doodle around each. Fold as instructed. You could fold first but you may want to flatten before doodling; I kept track of where I wanted the tree and bear to go.
2. From Oak Tree Stamps: Bear Hugs, stamp tree on Save the Date 6x6 Paper Pad floral pattern paper; stamp bear on Coconut Bazzill paper. Color bear as shown with alcohol markers (see list of Copics I used below Supplies). I modified the nose very slightly to look more like a Panda's nose (I suggest practicing on bears stamped on scrap paper first to get the look you want). I also colored outside the ears to make them more furry and added dark neutral grays around the eyes - a few shades down from black so you can still see the eyes. The gel pen really makes them pop - add small lines at the base of the eyes and dots for specular highlights. Add a little shine on his nose as well. Fussy cut around tree and bear leaving a margin. Adhere to card using dimensional tape.
|Original stamp (left), middle and right are (ugly) practice bears on scratch paper.|
4. Adhere buttons as shown using Glue Dots or other very strong adhesive; overlap and add dimensional tape under part of top (black) button as necessary (I used a double layer under the overhanging part). Tie twine in a small bow and adhere as shown. Adhere banner with dimensional tape.
|Flattened card fits perfectly in an A2 envelope!|
- Cardstock: Light Gray
- Patterned Cardstock Paper: Something Wonderful, Save the Date, Both 6x6 Pads by Teresa Collins
- Oak Tree Stamps: Bear Hugs
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Ink: Black (Memento Tuxedo Black)
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Paper (Bazzill Basics Coconut 10-1044)
- Alcohol Markers (Copics)
- White Gel Pen
- Black Pen (Copic Multiliner .5)
- Sizzix Card, Basic Step-Ups 660023
- Banner Die: Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts Bannerific LF483
- Heart Die
- Twine: Black and White
- Dimensional Tape, Adhesive, Glue Dots
Copic Markers Used
100 Black, N10, N8, N6, N5, N3, N2, N1, N0
RV32, RV11, RV10