Created for the ECD Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
Hello! Here's a fun Halloween card using the new dies from Susan Tierney-Cockburn. Fall/Halloween is my favorite time of year. I'm already seeing Halloween decorations in the stores so this is the perfect time to start getting ready!
Making the Card
1. Cut card base from black cardstock, 7x10 inches. Fold in half for a 5x7 side folding card.
2. Die cut everything from "CountryScapes - Build a Scarecrow," owl from "CountryScapes - Critters 4," and cornstalk, pumpkins, and leaves from "CountryScapes - Flora 4" out of alcohol marker friendly cardstock.
3. Color die cuts. I used Copic alcohol markers (find the list of colors I used following Supplies). Hints: leave die cuts in place while coloring, i.e. don't remove them from the full sheet. If any come out, use Post-It tape or other removable adhesive on the back to hold them. This makes coloring much easier. When you don't want colors to blend, be sure previously applied colors are fully dry before adding new ones. For example, before drawing lines down the pumpkins or coloring stems, I made sure the base orange colors were fully dry. Put some colorless blender on a paper towel, press on jeans to give a light texture. Recommended: pencil in the owl's features (Google for images of owls) then use an "alcohol marker friendly" pen to go over them before coloring.
4. Die cut one set of bats and two gates (CountryScapes - Critters 4 and CountryScapes - New England Stonewall & Gate respectively) from black cardstock. Cut small pieces in black and yellow to put behind the pumpkin faces.
5. Cut background paper to fit card. Adhere all pieces as shown, using dimensional tape behind shirt, hay bale, and small front pumpkin (double up tape on side not on hay bale, single on hay bale). If you want the gates to look the same in the middle, flip one side.
6. Stamp Happy Halloween sentiment in black StazOn (or other permanent ink for nonporous surfaces) on clear recycled packaging. Cut to fit front of card. Use strong glue to add enamel dots. Hide dimensional tape behind enamel dots to mount on card as shown. Note: I used clear mounting tape by Scotch, doubled up.
- 1080 CountryScapes - Build a Scarecrow
- 1084 CountryScapes - New England Stonewall & Gate
- 1082 CountryScapes - Critters 4 (Bats)
- 1083 CountryScapes- Flora 4
- Cardstock: Black, Yellow
- Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (e.g. Bazzill Coconut, Copic X-Press It Blending Card)
- Patterned Paper: Wicked Mechant Malvado 6x6 by My Mind's Eye WKD115
- StazOn Ink: Jet Black
- Happy Halloween Sentiment Stamp
- Clear Acetate/Recycled Packaging
- Enamel Dots
- Dimensional Tape
- Pumpkins - YR18, YR16, YR15, G99, YG67
- Wood Post - E59, E57, E37, E34
- Corn Stalk/Straw - YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21, Y26, Y18, Y11
- Jeans/Shirt - B99, B97, B95, B93, B91 (Patch R59, R37)
- Buttons, Stitches: Copic Multi Liner .3 Gray
- Owl: Copic Multi Liners .3 - Black and Gray, W7, W4, E43, E42