Making the Card
1. Wet Twinkling H2Os; I use a small spray bottle filled with water to give each a couple spritzes.
2. Cut a panel of watercolor paper about 4 1/2 x 5 3/4 inches. Tape down to a craft sheet or other flat surface using painter's tape. Generously wet the entire front using spray bottle or paint brush. Drop in the following colors of Twinkling H2Os: Summer Breeze, Bashful Blue, Sea Spray, and Mystique. Let them blend in some places. Dry panel with heat tool or let it dry naturally.
3. Splatter with drops of water randomly across the panel. Let sit for a few seconds then blot off with paper towel. This removes or lightens the color in those places.
4. Mix a small amount of both Texture Paste and Silks Vintage Mint until color is completely integrated with paste (you could also leave it marbled if you like that look). Tape or firmly hold down stencil over paper and apply colored paste with palette knife. I applied some paste to the left and right sides, leaving the middle alone. Set aside to dry. Note: immediately wash stencil and palette knife, before paste dries.
5. On about half of a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 inch white cardstock, spray with water until just wet. Randomly paint with Twinkling H20s: Luv-u-Pink, Chiffon Pink, and Dreams Bloom. Wet as necessary but don't rub too hard; cardstock has a more delicate surface than watercolor paper. Add Hopeful Honeysuckle sparingly in some spots. Dry.
6. Die cut 3 different sizes of Tiny Tattered Florals and one "hello" sentiment using Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello die. Note: I usually cut extra in case some come out better than others. Add Hopeful Honeysuckle to the petal bases, leaving the tips alone so they will be lighter in color. This will add dimension to the flowers. To shape petals, rub back of each with ball stylus to get them to cup slightly. Roll flowers as instructed on packaging; glue to center area - the part that is larger than the rest of the petals.
7. Cut green/blue cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11 inches. Fold in half to form a card base. Trim unpainted edges of watercolor panel, it should be about 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Adhere panel to center of card front.
8. Die cut at least 3 different sized leaves from green/blue cardstock. Add Summer Breeze to front of leaves then add a little Mystique at the base of each for some shading. Once dry, rub ball stylus along backs then draw a line down the front of each center with die pick or leaf tool (pointy end).
9. Die cut four copies of "hello" from white cardstock. One at a time, line up and adhere each together to form a thick stack. Add pink copy to the top. Adhere flowers, leaves, and "hello" to card front as shown.
- Silks: Vintage Mint
- Twinkling H20s: Summer Breeze, Bashful Blue, Sea Spray, Mystique, Luv-u-Pink, Chiffon Pink, Dreams Bloom, Hopeful Honeysuckle
- Watercolor Paper
- Texter Paste
- Cardstock: White, Green/Blue
- 660227 Sizzix Tiny Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz
- 808 Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad