Created for the ECD Susan Tierney Cockburn Design Team
This card is filled with shimmery goodness! Silks Acrylic Paints and Liquid Pearls add such beauty to the flowers and butterflies. I wanted to make use of the translucent nature of the paint so I stamped words and a musical score on white cardstock before painting over. The painting was done in a very loose fashion - super easy and fun. I used Susan's Garden Coneflower dies to make a colorful version of Cornflowers for the front of the card. Opening the card reveals an explosion of butterflies!
Making the Card
1. On white cardstock, stamp music and words in black waterproof ink.
2. Randomly paint Silks over stamped areas - one section using Snapdragon, Jasmine, Wisteria, and Sky Blue (for flower petals & stamen) and another using Pretty Peridot, Vintage Mint, and Black Emerald (for leaves). Have fun with it - let the colors overlap and mix in places to create different colors.
3. Die cut using Susan's Garden - Coneflower: 10 petal clusters and 2 stamen from the pink/purple/blue section and 6 leaves from the green section. Paint backsides in matching colors.
Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tool Set. Use either the loop tool or one of the ball styluses to rub petals and leaves, then draw a line down the middle of each with the leaf tool (pointed end). Glue petal clusters offset from each other - I used 5 in each flower to make them really full.
6. Die cut a bunch of butterflies from scraps of
pink/purple/blue sections of painted & stamped cardstock using Garden Notes - Bugs & Butterflies. Paint backsides as well. Squirt some Liquid Pearls on a craft sheet or scrap paper and apply to wings with a small brush (see Supplies for colors). In a similar manner, use black Enamel Accents to paint bug bodies and antenna. Once dry, gently bend wings up on both sides of each butterfly body.
7. Die cut Rectangle Pull Card base from blue cardstock 7.25 x 5.5 inches. See instructions on packaging. From fuchsia cardstock, die cut large rectangle using decorator piece. Die cut two purple rectangles with small rectangle decorator piece. Dry brush pink/purple/blue paint to add more color to the small rectangles. Adhere to card as shown.
8. Using the long edge die from Katie Flourish Frame Edges, cut two from purple paper. Add Wink of Stella for shimmer. Adhere to card as shown.
9. Die cut pull tab (Rectangle Pull Card) from blue cardstock. Adhere with strong adhesive inside card as shown (see also instructions). Cut thin strips of plastic packaging. Bend end of strip, apply strong glue, adhere under pull tab (glue only under tab, let strips be free on front). See photo. Add several - I added one at a different angle after the others dried. Reinforce with small piece of cardstock (e.g. cut down from another pull tab). Cut strips to different lengths. Adhere butterflies as shown.
10. Adhere flowers to front; add leaves, enamel dots, and sequins as shown.
- 1007 Susan's Garden - Coneflower
- 1011 Garden Notes - Bugs & Butterflies
- 974 Rectangle Pull Card
- 977 Katie Flourish Frame Edges
- 808 Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad
- Cardstock: White, Blue, Purple, Fuchsia
- Stamps: Word, Music
- Black Waterproof Ink (e.g. Versafine)
- Silks Shimmer Semi-Gloss Acrylic Paint: Snapdragon, Jasmine, Wisteria, Sky Blue, Pretty Peridot, Vintage Mint, Black Emerald
- Wow! Embossing Powder: Opaque Primary Azure
- Liquid Pearls: Hydrangea, Baby Blue, Lavender Lace
- Enamel Accents: Black
- Wink of Stella: Clear
- Plastic Packaging
- Enamel Dots, Sequins