I made this card for a friend who used to live in our area but moved away (boo!). She has a collection of Hello Kitty travel images framed over her bed. I found the background paper at my local craft store - the perfect combo with my Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge. Unfortunately the physical cartridge is unavailable right now but I'm hoping they will bring it back (at least as digital form). It's super cute.
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (half of an 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet); fold in half to form a card base.
2. Cut dark blue cardstock 4 x 5 1/4 inches. Center and adhere to card front. Cut two thin strips of dark blue cardstock (about 1/8 inch).
3. Cut Hello Kitty paper 3 3/4 x 5 inches, keeping pattern in mind. Center and adhere to dark blue cardstock on card front.
4. Cut Hello Kitty with balloons from Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge - about 3 1/2 inches high. Cut white strip wide enough to go behind kitty. Cut Happy Birthday sentiment (measure where you would like to place it). Adhere everything where shown, using dimensional tape behind both Hello Kitty with balloons and sentiment.
5. Tie ribbon in a bow and adhere where shown using glue dot or other strong adhesive. Adhere enamel dots as shown.
- Hello Kitty Greetings Cricut Cartridge
- Hello Kitty 12x12 Mega Paper Pad SC9600 Sanrio
- Cardstock: White, Dark Blue, Red, Yellow, Pink, Green Blue
- Dimensional Tape
- Ribbon: Dark Blue with White Polka Dots
- Glue Dot (or other strong adhesive)
- Enamel Dots: Red, Pink