Created for the ECD Susan Tierney Cockburn Design Team
This elegant card is fairly simple to make. I used Warm Diamonds Silk Microfine glitter on the butterflies to give them a beautiful sparkle (unfortunately photographs do not do them justice). This wonderful glitter can be colored as well but I decided to keep them neutral to bring your eyes to the tulips.
Making the Card
1. Cut kraft cardstock 6 1/2 x 10 inches; fold in half for a card base. Cut brown cardstock 4 5/8 x 6 1/8. Cut patterned paper 4 1/2 x 6. Adhere patterned paper to center of brown cardstock. Adhere brown cardstock to center of card front.
2. Die cut Tulip petal sets from cardstock, one yellow, one orange, one red, as well as three stem/leaf sets and three stamen in yellow cardstock. Cut bottom leaf off one (cut straight across stem where leaf starts so it will be shorter). Color petals. I used Distress Ink as watercolors and colored pencils. Shape petals and assemble as in video below. Adhere to card front as shown. I used embossing powder for "pollen" - yellow for the yellow and orange flowers, brown for the red.
3. Stamp Butterfly is Proof sentiment on kraft cardstock with black ink. Die cut using oval from Accordion Oval Card leaving some space at top. Ink edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Crimp a piece of kraft cardstock. Tear along two edges as shown; ink with Vintage Photo. Add light embossing paste as desired. Adhere to card as shown. Use dimensional tape to adhere oval sentiment.
4. Adhere double sided adhesive to a piece of cream cardstock. Note: ECD double sided adhesive is super thin so it die cuts really well; it comes in a variety of forms. Peel off liner and sprinkle with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with finger. Die cut butterflies (dies from Butterfly Accessory Dies and Butterfly Pivot Card). Adhere where shown.
- 1000 Garden Notes - Tulip
- RS007 The Butterfly is Proof Stamp
- 772 Accordion Oval Card (Oval Die)
- 773 Butterfly Accessory Dies
- 767 Butterfly Pivot Card
- Double Sided Adhesive
- 640 Silk Microfine Glitter: Warm Diamond
- Cardstock: Kraft, Brown, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Cream
- Patterned Paper: DCWV The Mariposa Stack 6x6
- Distress Ink: Vintage Photo, Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey, Ripe Persimmon
- Embossing Powder: yellow, brown
- Black Ink
- Crimper Tool
- Light Embossing Paste
- Dimensional Tape