Created for the ECD Susan Tierney Cockburn Design Team
I wanted to make a clean and simple card design using mini chrysanthemums. I also wanted to use my Washi tape (I've been collecting too much of it and the guilt is starting to get to me!). The idea was to make the little yellow centers of the chrysanthemums pop against the black and white background.
My other goal with this card was to make it a sort of non-traditional sympathy card (or just a card to send to someone who is otherwise having a tough time). The small stamped words are more subtle than the usual stamped sentiments.
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock 7 x 10 inches; fold in half to form a 5 x7 inch card base.
2. Mask around "faith" on the Planted in Faith stamp with Post-it Tape (or Notes). Ink in black, remove Post-its, and stamp on scrap of white cardstock. Cut out the word. Ink lightly on edges. Do the same with "Hope" and "Love" from Hope stamp and Sunshine and Love stamp respectively.
3. From white cardstock and the Mini Daisy & Chrysanthemum dies, cut 3 large chrysanthemum petals, 3 medium chrysanthemum petals, and 6 small chrysanthemum petals. Color 3 small chrysanthemum petals in light yellow (I used Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink on both sides).
4. Shape the petals using the Metal Tools and Mini Moulding Pad. I place each medium and large flower on the pad and draw a line down the middle of each petal with the fine pointed leaf tool. Press in the middle with the large or medium stylus (8mm or 5mm ball) to cup each, slightly for the large, more with the medium. Use small scissors (I use ECD Scissors), cut down the center of each of the yellow petals (don't go into the center area). With the smallest stylus (2mm ball) rub down each petal of the small white petals. Rub in the center of the small petals to form a tighter cup. Press harder in the center of the yellow ones to form the smallest cups. Stack and glue the layers from large to small, with the yellow ones in the center.
5. Add a variety of black and white Washi tapes to the right side of the card (see photo). Die cut squares from black cardstock using Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses frame (I had kept the extras from making another card where I just used the black frame).
6. Adhere the top black square as shown in the photo. Use dimensional tape to adhere the other black square slightly overlapping the first. Use dimensional tape to adhere all the words. Adhere the flowers and enamel dots as shown.
- RS002 Planted in Faith
- RS004 Hope
- RS001 Sunshine and Love
- 1003 Garden Patch - 1-inch & Mini Daisy & Chrysanthemum
- 1001 Garden Patch - 1 1/2-inch & Mini Roses
- 808 Susan's Garden 4 Piece All Metal Tools in Luxury Case
- 809 Mini Moulding Pad
- Cardstock: White, Black
- Ink: Black, Light Yellow
- Washi Tape, Variety of B&W
- Enamel Dots: White, Black
- Post-it Tape or Notes