This is the card I gave my hubby for Valentine's Day. The box card design is basically from SVGCuts Hearts Aflame Kit (with slight modifications). They have awesome designs that may be cut with most (if not all) electronic die cutters on the market. I imported this one to Cricut Design Space so I could cut it with my Cricut Explore machine. The cute characters are from the Lawn Fawn Science of Love stamp and die sets.
The card looks complicated but is actually rather easy to assemble. Amazingly, it closes flat!
Note: I recommend reading the full instructions and watching the video (at the bottom of the SVGCuts Hearts Aflame page) first before making the card. I planned out the pieces, including stamping and embellishments, then adhered everything before assembling the main card.
1. Import SVGCuts Hearts Aflame files to whatever software program you are using. Check the sizes to be sure they imported correctly; they are listed in the file "Hearts Aflame Box Cards Menu.pdf" that comes with the kit. For Cricut Design Space, you will have to resize everything. I cut a bunch of extra hearts at smaller sizes on different papers as well. To do this on the Cricut, you will have to either edit the SVG files to remove everything except the hearts then import/resize, or locate the hearts on the mat and place papers accordingly (if you don't want to waste good paper, use scrap paper for the stuff you don't want to cut, i.e. the card parts themselves).
2. Optional: ink around some hearts and labels as desired. I used Distress Ink, Worn Lipstick, for the pink (don't remember which blue ink I used). Add Washi tape to labels and writing space (photo further below) as desired.
3. Stamp Lawn Fawn Science of Love characters, beakers, test-tube, and heart vapors on watercolor paper using black waterproof ink. Color with your favorite watercolor paints or pencils (I used Inktense pencils). Die cut each. Optional: add Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to the "chemicals." Add highlights with a white gel pen.
|Note the stamped hearts in the background, behind the beakers.|
5. Adhere extra hearts where desired. Adhere characters and chemistry items to card as shown using dimensional tape. Assemble card as shown in the video at the bottom of the SVGCuts Hearts Aflame page.
|Under Front Flap|
|Writing Space; note Washi on back and sides.|
- SVGCuts Hearts Aflame Kit
- Cricut/Cricut Design Space or Other Digital Die Cutting Machine
- Cardstock: Light Blue, Light Pink, Dark Pink, Red
- Watercolor Paper
- Watercolor Pencils or Paints (I used Inktense Pencils)
- Lawn Fawn Science of Love Stamps and Dies
- Waterproof Ink: Black
- Enamel Dots
- Dimensional Tape
- Optional: Washi Tape, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter, White Gel Pen, Stickles, Glossy Accents